Main Menu

What bike?

Started by Gilby104, February 07, 2019, 01:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilby104

Looking at swapping out the 2003 GSXR 600 that's been my workhorse and fun-bike for the last 3 years.

I was looking at getting another 600, want it to at least be 07/08 or newer and ideally less than 20,000 miles on the clock. Budget somewhere between £3,500 and £5,000 depending on how long i can bare to wait / how disciplined I can be. 

I was expecting to go for a super sports but open to suggestions. Will use the bike for some commuting, some track days and a trip to the IOM and to southern Europe this year.

I have thought about going for a Fireblade as that age of bike you seem to get a lot for your money.... but I'm 9st and have never felt the need for more power than a 600 gives me. I'm not concerned about having a litre bike if that's the best deal, just never felt like I needed one before!

Thoughts?

MOzZereLLa

Don't be gay - go litre class.

929 or 954 Blade, ZX9R Gixxer Thou K4 or K5 if you can find one.

600s are for girls.

Significantly faster than you.....

Alzo

Street Triple?....capable of all you anticipate doing on a bike.

zxrob

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on February 07, 2019, 01:49:02 PM

600s are for girls.

Firstly, 600's are for girls, 636's aint :azn:

One of the best bikes I've owned, real world bike, is the last model zx9r f, fast, comfy, and sporty enough to have some fun on

Rob

komp

zzr1400? loads within your budget on the e of bay
also zx10r's too

depend if sport or tourer is your priority  :cheesy:
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Get the newest Z1000SX you can. Sports touring in one.  :thumbright:

Gilby104

Quote from: Alzo on February 07, 2019, 01:58:30 PM

So so tempted, always wanted one and I love the 675 engine. I am just not sure for this year's activities that a non-fairing bike is the answer?

Gilby104

600s are for girls.

I'll sort a test ride on a litre bike. I've ridden a Gixer Thou K5 but it felt massive, like I was sat in the middle of a tank... and it was in the wet with a half action throttle which was not confidence inspiring at all!! I'll try a blade and see what I think.

Gilby104

Quote from: komp on February 07, 2019, 02:31:35 PM
zzr1400? loads within your budget on the e of bay
also zx10r's too

depend if sport or tourer is your priority  :cheesy:

I've never considered a zx10r.... Just heard they were absolute animals and dismissed it as an idea for a first thou! I'll have a look cheers!

i'll ignore the 1400 comment.... I am fairly certain I wouldn't be able to lift the bladdy thing off its stand!

Green_Ninja

Quote from: Alzo on February 07, 2019, 01:58:30 PM

Wot he said brilliant bikes, commute, tour, scratch, track does them all, make sure it's and R though  :azn:

Green_Ninja

Quote from: Gilby104 on February 07, 2019, 04:06:46 PM

I've never considered a zx10r.... Just heard they were absolute animals and dismissed it as an idea for a first thou! I'll have a look cheers!

I had a 2010 ZX10R performance, superb bike and a beast however I chopped it in for a 2013 Street Triple R and never regretted it. Go test ride one though they are a hoot and bloody ballistic.

Lord Danoir the first

I think you'd like the RC8 of mine. Bob up and have a go.

I think I'd be tempted by an 06-08 R1....... the model Peej had, they're ace.

At the cheaper end GSXR1000 of a year to suit your wallet..... they're all good.

You want a sports bike for the riding you'll be doing for sure.......... you can join Dicko and I on a road bike only TD, or come to Spain with me!! I won't bum you..... promise

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Gilby104 on February 07, 2019, 04:04:35 PM

600s are for girls.

I'll sort a test ride on a litre bike. I've ridden a Gixer Thou K5 but it felt massive, like I was sat in the middle of a tank... and it was in the wet with a half action throttle which was not confidence inspiring at all!! I'll try a blade and see what I think.

I forgot you're the stature of a small child...... forget those then.

675 Street great bike but tedious over long motorway distances. What about a Speed?
Significantly faster than you.....

Gilby104

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on February 07, 2019, 06:32:17 PM
Quote from: Gilby104 on February 07, 2019, 04:04:35 PM

600s are for girls.

I forgot you're the stature of a small child...... forget those then.

675 Street great bike but tedious over long motorway distances. What about a Speed?

Woah there.... I'm actually quite big for a child..... just not an adult male!

I'd have to get a screen for a Street Triple if i was going away on it. Does the Speed manage motorway speeds / wind any better?

The more I think about it the more I'm thinking I'll end up on an SS bike!

Gilby104

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on February 07, 2019, 04:29:18 PM
I think you'd like the RC8 of mine. Bob up and have a go.

I think I'd be tempted by an 06-08 R1....... the model Peej had, they're ace.

At the cheaper end GSXR1000 of a year to suit your wallet..... they're all good.

You want a sports bike for the riding you'll be doing for sure.......... you can join Dicko and I on a road bike only TD, or come to Spain with me!! I won't bum you..... promise

Don't think I can afford a reasonable RC8.... but if the offer of a joy ride and a gentle bum is on offer I'll take it up with both hands. TBH, I'd come up for a cup of tea and a cuddle!

I'll have a proper look into these thous.... the R1 floats my boat!