Main Menu

What bike?

Started by Gilby104, February 07, 2019, 01:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: Gilby104 on February 08, 2019, 01:40:00 PM
Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on February 07, 2019, 04:29:18 PM
I think you'd like the RC8 of mine. Bob up and have a go.

I think I'd be tempted by an 06-08 R1....... the model Peej had, they're ace.

At the cheaper end GSXR1000 of a year to suit your wallet..... they're all good.

You want a sports bike for the riding you'll be doing for sure.......... you can join Dicko and I on a road bike only TD, or come to Spain with me!! I won't bum you..... promise

Don't think I can afford a reasonable RC8.... but if the offer of a joy ride and a gentle bum is on offer I'll take it up with both hands. TBH, I'd come up for a cup of tea and a cuddle!

Kettle is always on. Would very much like you to meet Anna anyway............. so fucking get a wriggle on y'cunt!

Lord Danoir the first

PS. My RC8 was sub 5K and is in very nice order

David W

The 954 Fireblade is a great bike.  Its as light and small as most 600cc bikes too.

Neio79

Proper sorted C model 636 easily for 3.5K. No contest. that would have my money. Had both theC an P versions. Although you could have either id choose the C2 06  over  a P 07.

MOzZereLLa

Why would he want the shittest looking 600 on the planet?
Significantly faster than you.....

Jarse

Quote from: David W on February 08, 2019, 02:01:16 PM
The 954 Fireblade is a great bike.  Its as light and small as most 600cc bikes too.

It's a yes from me. Lovely.

1-600-matt

Nothing more satisfying than rinsing a litre bike on a 600... particularly if you manage it on a straight on the power... rarely happens, but it's worth having a girls bike just for those special moments when you get to ruin someone on a £15k r1

Get the newest 636 you can afford.

terry950sm

RC 8. As Dan said. Great bike an some bargains about this time of year.
Growing old gracefully

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: 1-600-matt on February 09, 2019, 08:59:14 PM
Nothing more satisfying than rinsing a litre bike on a 600... particularly if you manage it on a straight on the power... rarely happens, but it's worth having a girls bike just for those special moments when you get to ruin someone on a £15k r1

You're my hero!

He spoke of doing some higher mileage touring. I can think of anything worse than a sports 600 for that. At least a litre bike has lazier power and will cruise at higher speeds lower revs compared to a 636. The only downsize for G specifically is his size.

Significantly faster than you.....

1-600-matt

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on February 10, 2019, 05:11:23 PM
Quote from: 1-600-matt on February 09, 2019, 08:59:14 PM

You're my hero!

He spoke of doing some higher mileage touring. I can think of anything worse than a sports 600 for that. At least a litre bike has lazier power and will cruise at higher speeds lower revs compared to a 636. The only downsize for G specifically is his size.

Said he was 9st, hardly a giant and said he didn't feel the need for any more power than a 600. And planning what sounded like 2 trips, IOM and France... didn't seem like the need for a litre bike was really there. 636 was fine down through the alps for in my view, sitting about 80mph quite comfortably and I imagine a better range than a litre bike on a tank

Gilby104

thanks all,

some serious food for thought. TBH, i don't 'need' any more power than a 600 and I definitely don't need anything heavier which is why i was originally looking at 600's (I took the girl's bike comment as tongue in cheek)..... but, if a Thou comes up that ticks all the boxes and I can ride the thing without having to wrestle it around without filling my pockets full of lead weight then i don't see why I wouldn't at least consider a Thou.

The 954 is a lovely looking bike. Will have to give the RC8 a look around and see if I can get on with a Thou. If not, I'm content on a 600. The 675 I had was a fine engine and never wanted more day to day or on Euro-trips.

I am starting to get aches and pains on long rides but as a rule I fit so well on a little 6 that i don't suffer as you'd imagine. It does change the geometry of them quite a bit i think.

Argghhh.... the 636 is such a conundrum. Looking through it actually looks like the best deal I could get and nobody has a bad thing to say about riding them..... but I just can't love the look of them at all. I'd begrudge buying something I didn't like the look of tbh. It's shallow and completely misses the point of biking but it's a lot of sheckles to part with and I've got to love it to make it worth swapping mine!

Gilby104

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on February 08, 2019, 01:45:03 PM
Quote from: Gilby104 on February 08, 2019, 01:40:00 PM
Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on February 07, 2019, 04:29:18 PM
I think you'd like the RC8 of mine. Bob up and have a go.

I think I'd be tempted by an 06-08 R1....... the model Peej had, they're ace.

At the cheaper end GSXR1000 of a year to suit your wallet..... they're all good.

You want a sports bike for the riding you'll be doing for sure.......... you can join Dicko and I on a road bike only TD, or come to Spain with me!! I won't bum you..... promise

Don't think I can afford a reasonable RC8.... but if the offer of a joy ride and a gentle bum is on offer I'll take it up with both hands. TBH, I'd come up for a cup of tea and a cuddle!

Kettle is always on. Would very much like you to meet Anna anyway............. so fucking get a wriggle on y'cunt!

I've put aside a packet of hula hoops and a double decker which I'll consume whilst compiling a list of dates for this to happen..... I'll bring you your own hoops and double decker on confirmation!

Neio79

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on February 09, 2019, 06:27:58 PM
Why would he want the shittest looking 600 on the planet?

Wash your mouth out!!!!  :shocked: