Sportsbikes no more.

Started by Alzo, March 26, 2018, 07:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raydial

I hanker after a sportsbike for the Austrian roads but if I ever get one, would keep my retro custom too. I'll wait and see what Austrian police are like regarding going quickly on a bike. If 5mph over the speed limit means hefty fines then I'll just stick to the CB750.

Jarse

You ridden an adventure bike Ray?

Raydial

Quote from: Jarse on March 27, 2018, 01:22:09 PM
You ridden an adventure bike Ray?
Nope. I know what you're about to say...  :rofl:

Phil_8

Are you moving to Austria?

Raydial

Quote from: Phil_8 on March 27, 2018, 01:57:42 PM
Yep. I leave here on the 7th of May and start my new job on the 21st. Just agreed salary and start date etc this afternoon. Relieved and excited now. 😄

Anyway, back to bikes.  :grin: :moto:

Jarse

I'll not bother then 😂

What you got a job doing?

Raydial

Quote from: Jarse on March 27, 2018, 04:47:19 PMWhat you got a job doing?
The same stuff, software project management. But also helping to roll out the agile methodology to the rest of the business. https://www.conda.at/

Jarse

All coming together then 👍🏻

Alzo

Quote from: Raydial on March 27, 2018, 05:00:31 PM
Quote from: Jarse on March 27, 2018, 04:47:19 PMWhat you got a job doing?
The same stuff, software project management. But also helping to roll out the agile methodology to the rest of the business. https://www.conda.at/
We must catch up when we're over...5 days so no excuses.

Raydial

Quote from: Alzo on March 27, 2018, 05:22:54 PMWe must catch up when we're over...5 days so no excuses.
Definitely!

Jarse

636steve

Can't say I miss sports bikes. The S1000R gives me sports bike performance, sporty look, handling, but much more comfortable riding position.

Still have one for track use but could not go back to one for the road.

Manic636

Quote from: Raydial on March 27, 2018, 02:37:57 PM
Quote from: Phil_8 on March 27, 2018, 01:57:42 PM
Yep. I leave here on the 7th of May and start my new job on the 21st. Just agreed salary and start date etc this afternoon. Relieved and excited now. 😄

Anyway, back to bikes.  :grin: :moto:
Congrats on the new job and new adventure, mmmmm ninja trip to Austria .......

Green_Ninja

Definitely agree with the above comments, not had a sports bike for 5 years now (actually I did own a ZX9R for a brief period in 2014/2015 but only rode it once on the road and bought it for track use then buggered my knee)  and wouldn't go back to one for the road use now. The Street Triple suits me better than any other bike I have owned  :azn: and it's all the bike I need.

Gilby104

Still on a sportsbike. I'm torn between sportsbike and naked bikes. Both have pro's a cons and in 90% of situations the nakeds are better when you balance the pros and cons for me.... can't think of many situations on the road where I'd definitely choose the GSXR over the SV650 I had before it. Can think of plenty when I'd defo choose the SV!

The kicker for me is that a few times a year when you get on a track or an alpine pass or whatever then you think "bloody hell.... this is the tool for the job"... at the moment that's too big a draw to do away with the awkward town riding, bad back, sore wrists and numb arse! I'm sure it will do one day, but for the minute I don't feel the need to switch over.

Plenty more sportsbikes will come out of the woodwork in the next few months I'm sure..... or at least by pushed to the end of the drive for a wash and a little tootle out so all their mates down the pub can see how ace they look in power ranger attire .... got to do something to cover the 500 summer miles before being put away for the winter again  :tongue: