Bike reviews

Started by captain sensible, July 07, 2017, 06:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain sensible

I saw a post on Facebook earlier this week asking where prior go to find reviews of different types of bikes, and the got me thinking.

Considering that some media are known to be biased toward one or more manufacturers, and that others have been known to ignore certain facts, where do you guys go for info on your next purchase?

Now with 100% more sarcasm.

Carbon_ZX6R

2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Phil_8

I buy things based on looks, couldn't give a shit what reviews say tbh, but i feel im probably in the minority on that

Alzo

Decide which class...if available test ride the chosen few...and be resolute in your decision making. Reviews on You Tube by real owners are probably best as they are non bias and more down to earth.

David W

I've never test ridden a single bike I've ever bought.

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: Phil_8 on July 07, 2017, 06:45:10 PM
I buy things based on looks, couldn't give a shit what reviews say tbh, but i feel im probably in the minority on that

Allow me to join you in that minority

tucola

QuoteI've never test ridden a single bike I've ever bought.

I like test riding.

Allows you to play around with ideas about maybe getting a new bike and just seeing what's out there and having the enjoyment of trying out a new vehicle.

Good for the dealers too because it's allowing your kit basically to sell itself.

If I've counted up correctly, I reckon I've bought 6 brand new bikes over the years that began with an idle test ride.

Test ridden a few things I didn't buy, too, and almost always enjoyed the experience even if I didn't end up buying.

Never test ridden a second hand bike I've bought, mind you, and I've bought a few of those too.

Dom1

I only buy Moz approved.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

captain sensible

A bike with the Moz stamp of approval, and gaining the elusive 6 month ownership with Alzo is a rare beast indeed.
Now with 100% more sarcasm.

Alzo

Glynzx7r

TBH I find bike reviews a complete waste of time be it in print form or YouTube. Especially in the sportsbike category. The journos even state that across the middle weight category and super sports that they are splitting hairs. So to us normal peeps all that print and wasted air on YouTube about the minimal differences between the 10R/R1/Blade/RSVR/Duc/GSXR/BMW is just yeah cheers pal, I'll buy the 1299 because I have the readies to pose, or I'll have the 10R because I'm a kwak fanboy, or I'll get that HP4 because I'm a club racer. Frankly I got my ZX636 because it was on offer, got my 675R because I was a bit flush at the time. Didn't look at any review when I bought brand new because I already know about bikes as do mostly all of us.