Road riding - do you still enjoy it?

Started by Stuno1, December 05, 2013, 05:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOzZereLLa

The quality of your locality roads-wise is a massive factor.

Living in Oxfordshire was downright depressing, the lack of decent roads and millions of cars using them sucked the big one...

Thank God I am back in N Wales - biking heaven!
Significantly faster than you.....

Raydial

Quote from: MOz on January 10, 2014, 08:19:28 PM
The quality of your locality roads-wise is a massive factor.
Absolutely. I lived in Scotland for many years and love road riding there. I can't wait till the memorial rideout. It is so much fun every year. I enjoyed some really good battles with dq on his 400 while I was on a hired ER6F.  :moto:

Whereas, living in London as I do now, it's harder to get that thrill from riding. A few years ago on my birthday, less than a year after moving to London, I decided to head out to find what a member here had described as the best biking road in Essex. It was utterly shite. Too much traffic, about six instances of roadkill on bends, potholes, and too few bendy bits. I came home thoroughly depressed. I've ridden about 600 miles in England in the last year.

I've done a few trackdays too, and they're a lot of fun but on a really good day, riding with your mates on the best roads in Scotland, it's really hard to imagine anything better.

coop

Spot on Ray. I try not to take it for granted.

Dq

Quote from: Raydial on January 11, 2014, 03:54:55 PM
I enjoyed some really good battles with dq on his 400 while I was on a hired ER6F.  :moto:
[/quote]

I'm going to have the 750 with me this year  :evil: will be good to see you again Ray

Raydial

I'm thinking of hiring a Z1000SX this time. :)

Jarse

Two up on the 1215 quarter tonne Tex will have its work cut out!

Grantham ninja

andy dutton

I love road riding, do at least 20'000 miles a year, living in the peak district makes road riding easy... and have a few good people to ride with and enjoy there company off the bikes too!

LewisBeGoog

Did my first trackday in 2013 and really enjoyed it but also road riding too just pushes different buttons. Have to say I have never felt the need for more power than my 636 on the road but would have certainly liked more for the track.