Mcnninjas.co.uk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turning into a VFR400 restoration project  (Read 10705 times)

Phil_8

• Site Member
    • View Profile
Re: Turning into a VFR400 restoration project
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2017, 01:54:39 PM »

Took long enough!!!!

Nice and shiny work

komp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2017, 03:06:50 PM »

Noice very noice
Ducati Panigale 899 - KTM 990 SMT

1-600-matt

• Site Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2017, 05:55:49 PM »

Not a perfect run today. Was taking it to work this morning so I could go to get it MOTd at lunchtime. Seemed to run lovely on the way into work, but the little stretch at lunchtime across the m4 showed a bit of a fuelling issue... well I think it's fuelling. Between about 4.5k-8k rpm it doesn't pick up cleanly, it will stutter briefly or pop before it starts to rev. Seems to rev out cleanly and pick up fine from 9k up to the red line, but that middle band isn't great. Sounds to be running on all 4 pots ok and I have obviously done a lot of work to it so there could be a few lose ends in there but it's restricted to a small band of revs so I'm thinking it's carb setup.

Any other suggestions?

Farmer Giles

• Site Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2017, 10:38:28 PM »

sounds like it might be over fuelling in the mid range as you switch onto the main jets..

If your sure that the carbs are sound, ie no air leaks perished diaphragms etc, then they probably just need balancing and the fuelling set correctly by someone who knows what they are doing and with tiny tiny hands..  lol..

looks good though.. well worth the effort..

1-600-matt

• Site Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2017, 11:02:45 PM »

sounds like it might be over fuelling in the mid range as you switch onto the main jets..

If your sure that the carbs are sound, ie no air leaks perished diaphragms etc, then they probably just need balancing and the fuelling set correctly by someone who knows what they are doing and with tiny tiny hands..  lol..

looks good though.. well worth the effort..

Cheers dude.

I have had the carbs back out to check everything was in the right place, nothing was amiss. All I found was a small fuel leak so resolved that, was worth having the carbs off for that alone really. So have re-balanced them and got them fitted again. I was pretty sure I didn't have any air leaks as it ticks over nicely and picks up cleanly from low down. Just need a couple of hours to get it back together and take it for a spin. If it's still doing it then a run on a dyno will be needed to see what's going on.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 21 queries.