Save a Snotter Resurrection

Started by Dom1, August 14, 2016, 04:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom1

Long story short, eldest son bought a Cat D CBR125R for £200 bodged it back together rode it till the MOT ran out and abandoned it in my garage.

Being unable to leave anything alone I found some street fighter style options for it and have set about resurrecting the min beast for my other sins to ride to college etc.

Today momentously it started and ran!

It does pop and bang on the over-run quite severely. Anyone able to give me a reason for this?

It does have a scuffed Arrow can on it and has improved since I put a new rivet a hole in that but still more than I would like.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Carbon_ZX6R

2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Chojin

Air filter needs a bloody good clean? And other such reasons as why it might be running ridiculously rich...

Green_Ninja

There's probably air leaks into the exhaust somewhere, the fact that putting the rivet back in points to that.

Dom1

Brand new air filter. Will take a look at the exhaust, don't want to spend money on it really.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Dom1

Took one or two in the garage....

Please don't be fooled by all the plastics, there isn't a single mounting lug intact and the headlight has been gripfilled into the top fairing.

Fitted a clock bracket off ebay just need to decide on lights now.

Aim is for something like this, but red....

Dom1

Update - Instruments, headlight brackets and headlight ordered.

Now to wait for the postman.

Carbon_ZX6R

Is there any bits you need as I swear I still have some bits laying about?
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Dom1

An MOT?

Or a clutch perch if you have one.

Carbon_ZX6R

2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods