Main Menu

ZX12R

Started by MOzZereLLa, January 07, 2018, 07:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOzZereLLa

Any owners on here?

What say you about the beast?

Is it a bit of a misnomer? Not quite sportsbike, too extreme for touring, a bit lardy to scratch on?

Just wondered.
Significantly faster than you.....

Lord Danoir the first

Always fancied one as they haul fat lad's arses along nicely....... doubt you meet that criteria and knowing your panchent for playful bikes, I think you'd get bored of it in minutes.

Alzo

Test ride only...fast...stable...yesteryear bike. As said you would get bored with it.

MOzZereLLa

Yeah but most "playful" bikes I'd want are too expensive. Trying to sort something I could commute on, is quite fast and fun but also comfy (ish in a sports bike kind of way) for about £3000.

Alzo

Buy it...if it doesn't work out then sell it. It's no slouch.

MOzZereLLa

Haven't found one yet 😂

Lord Danoir the first

Have you ridden a Buell?...... not sure if it's fast enough for you but they have bags of character and handle really well.

I commute 130 miles on mine in the summer...... 2/3 motorway but the last 1/3 are the roads around Jodrel Bank I grew up around, it's brilliant on both..... and if I have a meeting in Manchester, there's nothing better for city riding.

MOzZereLLa

I never have Dan - I find it difficult to avoid the Harley stigma I attach to them.

Phil_8

I had always liked these, but I think, like their performance, they are starting to look a bit dated.

There is still something about them though....

MOzZereLLa

Have a budget realistic (ish) target identified.

:afro:

It's not a 12R.

Alzo

Thegodfather

Rode a mates 12R a few times. Didn't like being thrown around too vigorously and the brakes were very under whelming. Still more a tourer than anything.

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Alzo on January 09, 2018, 02:22:25 PM
Tease.

I've had one before.

Worthy of a revisit if I can find a low mileage mint one. Looks like £5-6k

Alzo

MOzZereLLa

Nope.

It's a sports bike.

One of the best litres ever made.