Wall mounting leathers

Started by Lord Danoir the first, November 26, 2013, 09:26:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Danoir the first

I'd like to wall mount a few sets of my leathers in my office, but I don't want to just hang them on hangers.

Can anyone suggest a way?

I'm thinking maybe glue something to the back of each shoulder section which can then mount on something fixed to the wall?

Ideas home slices....... that's what I pay you for!!!...... sorry, slipped in to work mode

Millhouse

Life is a contact sport,  you'll be needing rule #5

Green_Ninja

how about putting them on mannequins instead of nailing them to the wall?

Dom1

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Bunny

Could you unzip them and screw them to the wall in each shoulder and then do the zip back up?

Not sure how well it would hang but its an option.

Dom1

and a Pritt Stick to combine it with the cut out.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

mc101

Inflatable mannequin is what you need.  Full size ones inc arms/legs on fleabay

2015: NLR HT1 Endurance (1st)
2014: ACU National Endurance 1000 (2nd)

Jarse

Are they that much of an objet d'art Dan :?:

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: Jarse on November 26, 2013, 03:24:02 PM
Are they that much of an objet d'art Dan :?:

sweet lord above no:

fond memories and a bit of cool bric a brac for my home office...... very few people venture up here

mannequins will take up too much floor space...... regrettably, it looks like I'm screwing through them

Dom1

Would you not be better off fixing a nice chrome rail to the ceiling next to the wall and hanging the leathers on some decent hangers.

Dom1

Like Lewis Leathers...

Or in perspex cases like Dainese

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: Dom1 on November 26, 2013, 03:55:49 PM
Would you not be better off fixing a nice chrome rail to the ceiling next to the wall and hanging the leathers on some decent hangers.

the ceiling follows the line of the roof, I'd like to mount them where the last 2 pictures are on this wall:

Jarse

Just like the joiners gate, clean lines and design but the socket is hanging off the backplate :-)

Snagging Dan!