So, I've got one of these on the way...

Started by David W, April 08, 2017, 05:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raydial

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on April 08, 2019, 03:45:38 PM
*Cough* remap, QS and blipper *cough*

The advantage of one even road riding to balance the bike pre-corner downshifting is huge.
The only time I've tried one was a day riding Alpine passes and I REALLY didn't like the blip in revs lurching me forward when coming downhill towards hairpins...  :shocked:

Alzo

Quote from: Raydial on April 09, 2019, 01:28:28 PM
Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on April 08, 2019, 03:45:38 PM
*Cough* remap, QS and blipper *cough*

The advantage of one even road riding to balance the bike pre-corner downshifting is huge.
The only time I've tried one was a day riding Alpine passes and I REALLY didn't like the blip in revs lurching me forward when coming downhill towards hairpins...  :shocked:
It doesn't...I'm going to suggest you had part throttle which creates that situation...once mastered it is seemless.

Raydial

I don't know why (or how) I would have had part throttle while using engine braking.  :dontknow:

Alzo

Quote from: Raydial on April 10, 2019, 04:56:10 AM
I don't know why (or how) I would have had part throttle while using engine braking.  :dontknow:
Always possible the XR you had was faulty...but you can be decelerating but still not completely off the throttle...I did it a few times when I first got it and quickly realised what I was doing.

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Alzo on April 10, 2019, 06:23:55 AM
the XR you had was faulty...all BMWs are unreliable heaps of shit but you can be decelerating but still not completely off the throttle...I did it a few times when I first got it and quickly realised what I was doing.

fixed  ;)
Significantly faster than you.....

Alzo

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on April 10, 2019, 06:50:32 AM
the XR you had was faulty...all BMWs are unreliable heaps of shit but you can be decelerating but still not completely off the throttle...I did it a few times when I first got it and quickly realised what I was doing.

fixed  ;)
:moto:

Raydial

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on April 10, 2019, 06:50:32 AM

fixed  ;)
:rofl:

David W

Carbon_ZX6R

2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

MOzZereLLa

Significantly faster than you.....

Green_Ninja

Really like the SW Motech stuff, got 2 tank bags and a set o Blaze panniers for the Street RS and they cover days out to week long (or longer) touring.

The other Bling looks good too  :azn:

David W

Quote from: Green_Ninja on April 12, 2019, 04:56:25 PM
Really like the SW Motech stuff, got 2 tank bags and a set o Blaze panniers for the Street RS and they cover days out to week long (or longer) touring.

The other Bling looks good too  :azn:

The bag looks much bigger in the photo.  I had to get it because there is literally no storage on the bike anywhere, not even wallet/phone space under the seat.  Nada!  It's a right pain because I hate carrying stuff in my pockets on the bike.

David W

I've got a day off work tomorrow to fit the new shock and some HEL brakelines.
Can't believe how complicated a job it is just to get the tank off though.  Modern bikes are rubbish for doing things to.

Carbon_ZX6R

Quote from: David W on April 16, 2019, 06:45:29 AM
I've got a day off work tomorrow to fit the new shock and some HEL brakelines.
Can't believe how complicated a job it is just to get the tank off though.  Modern bikes are rubbish for doing things to.
Don't bloody say that , hopefull getting my new bike today and first thing in doing is taking the tank off.....
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods