So, I've got one of these on the way...

Started by David W, April 08, 2017, 05:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJ

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on April 16, 2019, 09:15:53 AM
Quote from: David W on April 16, 2019, 06:45:29 AM
I've got a day off work tomorrow to fit the new shock and some HEL brakelines.
Can't believe how complicated a job it is just to get the tank off though.  Modern bikes are rubbish for doing things to.
Don't bloody say that , hopefull getting my new bike today and first thing in doing is taking the tank off.....

On my Triumph, I have to remove 5 pieces of trim and 18 bolts, just to even be at a point where I can begin to unbolt the tank...

Carbon_ZX6R

2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

PJ

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on April 16, 2019, 11:55:13 AM
Don't envy you one bit peeej

I don't need to take my tank off, I just know its a cunt of a job lol

Tiiimmmaaayyyy

Quote from: PJ on April 16, 2019, 12:42:48 PM

If you ever do need to do it Peej, make sure the tank is empty as it has 4 feeds (one in each corner) and you'll soon run out of hands/fingers to stop fuel pissing all over the place. Don't ask how I know.

PJ

Quote from: Tiiimmmaaayyyy on April 16, 2019, 04:30:09 PM
Quote from: PJ on April 16, 2019, 12:42:48 PM

If you ever do need to do it Peej, make sure the tank is empty as it has 4 feeds (one in each corner) and you'll soon run out of hands/fingers to stop fuel pissing all over the place. Don't ask how I know.

I shall not ask I shall just say thanks and be glad I bought a hand fluid pump specifically for that reason!

Raydial

David W

Just been doing a recon on the job.  Looks like the radiator needs to come off to have even half a chance at getting to the brake line union under the headstock.
I'd kick the ABS into touch and just fit direct lines if I thought it would work without the ECU going mental.  Fuxxake.  Japanese bikes and their penny-pinching rubber brake hoses....

MOzZereLLa

Should've bought a decent bike DeeDub  ;)
Significantly faster than you.....

David W

Fitted the new shock.  I'm admitting defeat on the brake lines and I'll get them fitted when it goes for a service.
Shock was a bit of a nightmare job.  Seat, tank, back wheel, suspension linkages, catalytic converter, EXUP valves, O2 sensors all had to come off.
Modern bikes suck.  I could swap a shock on my SP2 and Fireblade in an hour, and the fuckers don't throw out the engine light afterwards either....

David W

Engine warning light on after putting it all back together so I've ordered an OBD port fault code reader thing to see what I've managed to fuck up!
I'm hoping it's just a stored code from having some of the sensors off the bike.

Lord Danoir the first

That's probably all it is. Presumably you didn't disconnect the battery..... not something one would think to do

David W

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on April 18, 2019, 07:50:36 PM
That's probably all it is. Presumably you didn't disconnect the battery..... not something one would think to do

No, I didn't.  I'd normally avoid electrics like the plague but everything has a bloody sensor attached to it these days!

David W

Aaaaanndd we're back in the game.  Bought an OBD reader and the ECU had stored the disconnection of the air temp sensor as a fault.  Cleared it down and no more engine light.
You didn't get this shit with good old carbs....

David W

Out for a shakedown run and the suspension upgrades are feeling like a good decision already...