Touring Bug.

Started by Alzo, August 31, 2017, 07:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alzo

Did a European trip in 2016....did it again with a higher degree of confidence in 2017...so now I am absolutely hooked and my brain is never away from planning trips for the future.
If you have been abroad give us the low down to wet the appetite.

Ireland is worth a visit. Do all your European trips soon, before we have to get visas and other Brexit associated paperwork. :moto: :moto:

Alzo

I might even tour Scotland.... :rofl: :moto:

Green_Ninja

Lord Danoir the first

Saw your pic's on FB, especially the ones of the cold, snowy mountain tops....... remember thinking "that can't have been fun"

Your enthusiasm for motorcycling is admirable...... wish I had an ounce of that.

Tiiimmmaaayyyy

It's addictive that's for sure. Finding amazing roads, with good weather is the best. All topped off with a nice beer or two on the evening.

Raydial

It does sound appealing, as long as it's not hour after hour of motorway. And your pics did look great!

Alzo

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on September 01, 2017, 08:58:00 AM
Saw your pic's on FB, especially the ones of the cold, snowy mountain tops....... remember thinking "that can't have been fun"

Your enthusiasm for motorcycling is admirable...... wish I had an ounce of that.
The textiles coped well...and those pictures were at the top of one pass...drop back down 500 feet and it was sunny and 15 degrees warmer.

Alzo

Quote from: Raydial on September 01, 2017, 10:12:35 AM
It does sound appealing, as long as it's not hour after hour of motorway. And your pics did look great!
Very little motorway to be fair. Mostly great B roads and some spectacular passes.

Raydial

Quote from: Alzo on September 01, 2017, 10:23:30 AM
Quote from: Raydial on September 01, 2017, 10:12:35 AM
Very little motorway to be fair. Mostly great B roads and some spectacular passes.
Sounds incredible, TBH.  :cool:

There is some nice bits in England. Heard the locals are a bit funny though.  ;)

Raydial

Quote from: GRUMPY on September 01, 2017, 01:04:56 PM
There is some nice bits in England.
Not near this London place.  :sad3:

David W

When I got off the ferry from Italy/France the first thing I noticed was how crap and busy UK roads are.  I did 950 miles in one day and the last 120 were by far the worse!

Alzo

They do seem to know how to lay tarmac properly in other countries that's for sure.

Jarse

Greetings from the Italian Alps. Motorcycle touring is fantastic. End of.

Tomorrow's roads look even better than today's, and the weather even warmer.