Alarm fix/alternatives

Started by Nat, April 08, 2014, 04:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nat

Didn't want to post in the thread started by Flymo as this is a slightly different topic...slightly!

I've got an alarm on my bike, but it's faulty.  Asked a bike shop how much to fix and they quoted me about £300 which I don't have to spend on the bike for the time being!  As it stands, I have to leave the bike with only the immobiliser on over night when I'm away from home.

I know a lot of you on the other thread recommended chaining it up to the hilt, but for some reason I hate the idea of not even being woken up if someone tries to nick my bike - I'd at least like to get a look at them or have time to ram them off the road...  Also, the other place I stay at often doesn't have anything for me to chain it to.

Are there any more alternatives out there?  Someone in another thread mentioned a motion sensor text alert thingy?  Anything else out there?

I'll save up the money to get it looked at eventually...but I do wonder if these kinds of glitches can ever be resolved.

Thoughts?

Rear Admiral Lieutenant General Keller

big gav

I have one of these for when the trackbike is on the trailer outside my house

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000R57X2Q?pc_redir=1396754661&robot_redir=1

i've had one for years and its loud enough to hear through double glazing.

m6rk

get what gav suggested...

I can remove the alarm for a curry..

Carbon_ZX6R

Get a xena disc lock alarm there solid steel and there louder than a data tool s4
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods