Yard build box

Started by Lord Danoir the first, July 06, 2015, 11:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Danoir the first

Following my visit to Numbnuts in Amsterdam with Gavoir, I decided to build a couple of these for my bikes:

Put mine on locking casters so that I can move them around the garage and set them slightly lower so that I can work low down from a stool..... also left them open for a space to put parts and tools.

Really useful, not only do they make the bikes easier to work on for a fat old c*nt like me, with dicky knees.... but they butt together and actually save space.

Single sheet of OSB, 7No 2.4m lengths of 3x2 and some casters... about £80 in materials. Wheels were quite expensive as I went for good quality.

Anna is having her company make some folded over sheet stainless steel sheet to fit to the tops.

komp

i likey :thumbright:
shame my garage/shed is far too small for anything like that
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Dom1

I'll take one, do you deliver?
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Lord Danoir the first

No, I do lamb, chicken and fish........ <boom-tish>

I'm here all week

Alzo

You could develop it further so it folds and can be wall hung for those with small spaces.

Lord Danoir the first

Possibly, but if you've room for a bike on stands, you've room for this as it occupies a similar footprint (albeit squared off) to a bike.

It's low enough for one person to be able to push a bike on, or you could be brave like me and walk along side it as you drive it on.

The hydraulic ones are undoubtedly better, but the whole yard build thing is in vogue at the moment, so I think these look quite cool.

terry950sm

Good idea Dan. Would be interested in a taller one.
Growing old gracefully

Alzo

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on July 06, 2015, 05:44:02 PM
Possibly, but if you've room for a bike on stands, you've room for this as it occupies a similar footprint (albeit squared off) to a bike.

It's low enough for one person to be able to push a bike on, or you could be brave like me and walk along side it as you drive it on.

The hydraulic ones are undoubtedly better, but the whole yard build thing is in vogue at the moment, so I think these look quite cool.
I like it...just raging I never thought it...have you logged a patient? *cough*

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: terry950sm on July 06, 2015, 05:45:02 PM
Good idea Dan. Would be interested in a taller one.

Happily knock one up for you Terry if you let me know how high you want it?

Carbon_ZX6R

ill keep my hydraulic bike lift thanks , good idea and can be done surprisingly cheap I couldn't be arsed with using a ramp to get it on and off all the time
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Farmer Giles

looks good..  but did you have to use re-enforced timber for the tractor ?   :rofl:

Carbon_ZX6R

Quote from: Farmer Giles on July 06, 2015, 09:31:03 PM
looks good..  but did you have to use re-enforced timber for the tractor ?   :rofl:
Be fair its a sportstractor
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: Farmer Giles on July 06, 2015, 09:31:03 PM

indeed...... you'll notice the inboard wheel arrangement  :tongue:

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on July 06, 2015, 07:05:17 PM
ill keep my hydraulic bike lift thanks , good idea and can be done surprisingly cheap I couldn't be arsed with using a ramp to get it on and off all the time

Hydraulic lift eh?....... bit like a penis pump dear: a wonderful idea for those who need it, but real men just need wood  ;)

Phil_8

Nice!

Would be pretty easy to add drawers too

Green_Ninja

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on July 07, 2015, 06:20:54 AM

Hydraulic lift eh?....... bit like a penis pump dear: a wonderful idea for those who need it, but real men just need wood  ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: