Kawasaki AR50 restoration

Started by Phil_8, July 23, 2016, 04:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil_8

First little package of goodies has arrived

Dom1

Love that part.

It comes before I start swearing and taking lumps out of myself with inappropriate tools.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Phil_8

No photo updates but I have been cleaning and respraying a few little parts this weekend

Should hopefully get the larger parts off to get sprayed/powder coated this week

Raydial

Can't wait to see the progress.  :)

Dom1

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Phil_8

Still waiting for a lot of things to come back from being sent off to various people, but in the meantime I had another delivery including the big, exciting box from America

Carbon_ZX6R

2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Phil_8

And this is what was in the box!

Dom1

Oooo I see where you are going with this now.

Nice.

Phil_8

Like all projects, updates on this are thin are on the ground. But here is one before the next few weeks/ months of silence!

The tank finally arrived back today! All the dents have been worked out nicely and the paint finish is incredibly good!
....just a shame that a car shop is clearly very clueless when it comes to bike decals =/ Ah well. The decal was included in the lacker finish so not really much can be done about that now without re-doing the whole thing

DaveH

Lord Danoir the first

Such a shame about that decal...... nice job though..... could be classed as quirky on the finished project so I wouldn't worry too much.

Jarse

Loving the progress, my concern would be that after the fairing is fitted and the bike is upright, the logo may be obscured?

Dom1

Sorry but that would drive me insane.

Phil_8

I am constantly flipping at the moment between thinking it will be nice a quirk, a way to obviously say this bike isnt normal and - its wrong and should be flat with the tank

Ill wait until everything is complete and then decide.

May get a second tank cheap, get that done then I have the choice haha