Main Menu

2018 plans

Started by 7550, December 24, 2017, 08:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So 2018 is just round the corner. What biking plans has everyone got ?
I am hoping to get a week in Europe on the bike with the missus. Thinking of Turin. Still to work out route and if it's too far for a week trip. Apart from that it will be the usual rideouts, and hopefully a couple of overnight trips. Also booked to go to Jerez for the MotoGP, but that's a fly and drive weekend.  :moto:

Carbon_ZX6R

My biking plans include actually doing more than just cleaning the bikes
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Alzo

The regular Rideouts....hoping to do the NC500 in May...13 days in Europe...the middle 5 days being spent in Austria...the 4 days there and back are still in the planning stages.
And as many day trips as I can fit in with work and weather allowing...looking forward to 2018 with the Keeper.

Green_Ninja

getting out on the bikes more than I did this year  :azn:

Dom1

Taffy Dakar again in May with the twist of riding to Wales on the UK stretch of the Trans Euro Trail.

Should up the navigation and fitness stakes a bit.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

MOzZereLLa

Own a bike again.

Be the 2018 DeeDub (maybe).

I'm away with work Jun - Oct so not sure if worth it but could also lose my NCB if I don't buy before I go.
Significantly faster than you.....

Jarse

Ferry to Spain booked for late April with both bikes and camping gear in the van. Rough plan is trip around north Spain, Portuguese coast then end up at Cadiz/Jerez for the GP weekend. Not sure of route or timings after that.

Same July/August Austria trip as Alzo.

Got a bit of a pipe dream to take the bikes to Istanbul in September in a Capital Cities tour but just at the google maps surfing stage with that one.

Quote from: Jarse on December 26, 2017, 10:54:29 AM
Got a bit of a pipe dream to take the bikes to Istanbul in September in a Capital Cities tour but just at the google maps surfing stage with that one.

Istanbul would be some trip. Amazing city.  Are you going to Ankara too ?

Lord Danoir the first

Finish the front end conversion on the MV and carry on riding the Buell.... probably to work and back.

I've been enjoying summer classic car events so bikes don't really feature.

Jarse

Quote from: GRUMPY on December 26, 2017, 04:22:01 PM
Quote from: Jarse on December 26, 2017, 10:54:29 AM

Istanbul would be some trip. Amazing city.  Are you going to Ankara too ?

Had not thought about it. Would you recommend it? Just thought it would be cool to ride to another continent and take in some amazing capital cities on route.

Druid

Sell my XSR,pick up the Indian in March, ride it.
Cymru am byth.

Foo

Get a few more miles on the bike than i did this year   :moto:

Scotland in April, Valencia fly drive is booked for November, plus numerous ride outs with friends.

terry950sm

Use them as much as I can  :azn:
Growing old gracefully

Maddog

Knee down and shag Kelly Brook

Thegodfather

Giving the new GSXR R a run out at Jerez in April. Also booked the Italian job with FE so doing Imola and Mugello in August. Hoping to do a few UK days next year.
I did 65 road miles on the Triumph this year so planning to up that with some touring the UK.