New bike day

Started by Raydial, October 03, 2018, 08:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raydial

Quote from: Neio79 on October 04, 2018, 03:18:13 PM
Best looking R1 ever made that version. Fact.
I think so too. I especially like the spaceship tail light.  :cool:

However, the cross plane crank model from '09 sounds better.

Alzo

The brakes love tlc often to give their best.

Raydial

Quote from: Alzo on October 04, 2018, 04:20:40 PM
The brakes love tlc often to give their best.
I've read that. I plan to get the calipers off soon and give them a check and clean. Any top tips?

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it for €2400 including steering damper, crash bungs and a road legal aftermarket can.  :afro:

Alzo

I think they just appreciate being cleaned and greased regularly as opposed to any modification...if not already then stick some SS Braided lines on. :)

DaveH

Raydial

I just insured it. My god, that was easy compared to the UK!

I could have insured it online but then I wasn't sure what to do about registration because you get your registration plates from the insurers. So I went into an insurance broker and handed over my docs: Photo ID (passport); type approval document; pickerl (MOT) certificate, contract of sale. She didn't look at my meldetzettel (proof of my registered address).

I didn't have to tell her how long I've been riding, she didn't ask for any of the other things UK insurers like to ask for, like copies of my driving licence (she didn't even ask to see it), she didn't ask where it's kept, what modifications it has, how many miles I'll do, what security I'll have on it, whether I ever gave a policeman a dirty look in 1998, my blood type and when I lost my virginity.

It cost €420 for the year (bearing in mind I could have never ridden a bike before), plus €185 for registration (that bit's a bit steep but I think that goes to the government). My best quote for my CB SevenFifty in London was over £700 with 11 years of no claims discount!

It took a grand total of 17 minutes to complete the whole process.  :grin:

Alzo

Would it be cheaper if you weren't a virgin?

Raydial

Don't know. Never found out.  :read:

Alzo

Raydial

Raydial

Went out a couple of times at the weekend. Really enjoying it, and that it's easy to get to nice countryside from Vienna compared to how it was in London.  :afro:

I keep spinning up the rear in Vienna but I think that's mostly due to the polished-smooth city roads. Loving being back on two wheels again, even if it will only be for a few weeks before the Austrian winter hits.  :sad5:

Alzo

Dav1d01

A lovely bit of kit - I have the fact some one.
Seat cowl, end can Jon done 👍

I've had mine 6 years now and seem to find anything I want to replace it with.

Raydial

Quote from: Dav1d01 on October 09, 2018, 11:50:40 AM
A lovely bit of kit - I have the fact some one.
Seat cowl, end can Jon done 👍

I've had mine 6 years now and seem to find anything I want to replace it with.
My plans are to have a crack at paintlessly repairing the dent in the tank with a glue-based dent pulling kit. The dent is in both of those pics but it's not too conspicuous. I could pay somebody to do it but I want to try it myself. And it was a cheap bike that I'd like to make a profit on.

I also want to replace the speed block and 'R1' decals on the right fairing. The previous owner replaced the fairing after it broke when the bike fell over in a parking tumble that also caused the dent in the tank. I personally prefer the bike without decals but it's more original with them.

Kitb4460

Fan bloody tastic.

Nice steed and great for the insurance. If only it was that easy here.
Retired Rozzer and loving it.