Car audio guru's

Started by Lord Danoir the first, August 01, 2014, 12:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on August 01, 2014, 07:58:31 PM
has it got the original tyres? nooooo then stop being a dam woman and modernize

you're not in to classic cars are you love?

Carbon_ZX6R

I like a couple but there are companys out there that could make a front for a modern unit so it looks identical but , if you really don't want to modernise it just buy a Bluetooth speaker and be done with it
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on August 01, 2014, 08:11:12 PM
I like a couple but there are companys out there that could make a front for a modern unit so it looks identical

Carbon_ZX6R

its easy enough as ash has said to by pass the unit and hide another one somewhere else
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on August 01, 2014, 08:24:39 PM
its easy enough as ash has said to by pass the unit and hide another one somewhere else

I'm going to answer all your posts with these

Carbon_ZX6R

my point has been made!

THAT IS ALL!
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on August 01, 2014, 08:30:19 PM
my point has been made!

THAT IS ALL!

I'm only having a laugh sweet cheeks....... it's your seemingly relentless desire to offer advice even on things you, by your own admission, have little interest in; which amuses me.

oops almost forgot:

Carbon_ZX6R

the car sounds good and I know its old about all I know about the lotus in question....
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on August 01, 2014, 08:38:31 PM
the car sounds good and I know its old about all I know about the lotus in question....

well.... for those sad enough to like these old cars, originality is key...... you see, I scoured the earth for an original lemon yellow Esprit, with a specific marcasite interior..... not only that, but the full spec had to be as it came out of the factory.

I've now got what I wanted, it cost me a lot of money and I'm not about to sling in some chav inspired flip front stereo.

Savvy?

David W

Sounds like it may well be terminally corrupted by the modernity of an iPod.
Does it fail to start if the driver isn't wearing beige farahs and a sports jacket?

Carbon_ZX6R

Quote from: David W on August 01, 2014, 08:58:05 PM
Sounds like it may well be terminally corrupted by the modernity of an iPod.
Does it fail to start if the driver isn't wearing beige farahs and a sports jacket?
nearly wet my self haha
bet you need a tash as well ;)
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

m6rk

Sensible answer time:

In order to keep everything looking as original as possible:

--

See if the clarion has any line level outputs (red and white sockets on the back)

If it does then connect the line level outputs to a seperate amplifier hidden away somewhere and upgrade the speakers in the doors, also add a small subwoofer if you would like some more bass

If the clarion doesn't have any line level outputs then you'd lose a bit of quality but you can connect the speaker outputs from the clarion to the amp instead.

--

So thats the output side sorted.

The easiest way to get ipod connectivity would be to use a bluetooth to fm bridge. This means you can such connect your iphone via bluetooth like you can on a modern car and then broadcast the signal wirelessly via an fm frequency to your clarion to control.

http://www.newpotatotech.com/TUNELINK_AUTO/tunelink_auto.html

Lord Danoir the first

Perfect, cheers love.

Dave W - I do actually try to wear brown clothing when driving the car, and I bought a pair of brown tint Ray Ban Aviators which stay in the car at all times........ true story.

Lord Danoir the first