Main Menu

Rear-ended

Started by tucola, April 26, 2016, 10:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tucola

QuotePlease yourself.  Makes me wonder why you posted up asking for any advice in the first place?

Clearly you don't need it or want it.

On the contrary, I'm unfamiliar with the best way to play things after an accident and am rapidly trying to learn, with advice appreciated. My instinct would have been to go through my insurers, but I'm discovering that that may not be the best way forward at all.

The issue about possible claims after you have sold a bike was unrelated to my original enquiry, something that we had discussed on here before (in a civil way, I thought, and once again in the interests of sharing and developing knowledge) and so I simply mentioned that, without intention to offend.

Alzo

Quote from: T.C on April 28, 2016, 02:05:37 PM
Just found it

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/170

Section 170

(5) If, in a case where this section applies by virtue of subsection (1)(a) above, the driver of [F4a motor vehicle] does not at the time of the accident produce such a certificate of insurance or security, or other evidence, as is mentioned in section 165(2)(a) of this Act—

(a) to a constable, or

(b) to some person who, having reasonable grounds for so doing, has required him to produce it,

the driver must report the accident and produce such a certificate or other evidence.

This subsection does not apply to the driver of an invalid carriage.

(6)To comply with a duty under this section to report an accident or to produce such a certificate of insurance or security, or other evidence, as is mentioned in section 165(2)(a) of this Act

Section 170 (1) (a) relates to injury caused and production of insurance.  It is not required for damage nly

So please continue to fight your corner  :azn:
It's not about fighting my corner...it's about quoting trusted information and experience...so get down from your high horse before you get altitude sickness...the quote you put up in my opinion refers to the time of the incident....everyone on here and every other human being on Gods Earth would expect that two parties colliding irrespective of injury would swap details.
So in essence I still disagree with you...if that gets me a flogging on here then so be it.
You really are one smug individual (That's me being kind)

T.C

Quote from: Alzo on April 28, 2016, 04:56:33 PM

So in essence I still disagree with you...if that gets me a flogging on here then so be it.

I am arrogant?   :rolleyes:  That is rich coming from you who. And I really am biting my lip at what I want to say  :lipsrsealed:

You are clearly an expert on the subject, so lets just agree to disagree  and from now on ignore one another.

tucola

Well, that escalated quickly, as they say...

:cussing:

As I say, homeboy's given me his insurance details, so it's all good fo' shizzle.

Didn't even have to send him a photograph of my bruises...

T.C

Quote from: tucola on April 28, 2016, 05:19:28 PM
Well, that escalated quickly, as they say...

:cussing:

As I say, homeboy's given me his insurance details, so it's all good fo' shizzle.

Didn't even have to send him a photograph of my bruises...

Sorry about that, it was not my intention to get narky  :embarrassed:  I am out of here, so subject as far as I am concerned is closed

Alzo

Quote from: T.C on April 28, 2016, 05:12:29 PM
Quote from: Alzo on April 28, 2016, 04:56:33 PM

I am arrogant?   :rolleyes:  That is rich coming from you who. And I really am biting my lip at what I want to say  :lipsrsealed:

You are clearly an expert on the subject, so lets just agree to disagree  and from now on ignore one another.
I said "smug"..feel free to add arrogance if you wish.
And don't bite your lip...feel free...because there's nothing you could say that would bother me one way or another.

Ninjagirl

Wind it in please. There's no need to make it personal when everyone is just trying to help a fellow ninja. Play nice.

Dom1

Alzo - not sure why this thread is getting your goat so much but have to say TC is an expert in these matters and I have no wish to lose his knowledge from these halls or yours for that matter.

TC - I think Tucola was expressing surprise at the insurance still applying on a bike you have sold rather than you.

Both of you - This is the Internet. Things read differently to how they are written and people have different points of view.

Now I have come across as a patronising idiot please can we get back to trying to help a mate who has had some misfortune.

There has already been an example of the sort of thing that makes this place great on this thread with the offer of a loan bike and the Memorial Ride this weekend as a further reminder lets keep that spirit.

Any problems drop me a pm.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Alzo

I responded to a statement on here in the real belief I was passing on genuine information...based on past experience and the link I put up...so to be rubbished by someone regardless of experience is belittling. I don't do belittling. So if this person belittles me I react. Keep him...ban me. That's the best resolution. Cheers.

David W

Alzo

I bet given the lack of activity on here a flounce was the last thing expected. No one can accuse me of not partaking...now hit those buttons.

David W

Do you not think you're being a bit melodramatic?
Dan will be along shortly to offer a hug.  Probably for a bit longer than is completely comfortable.

David W

And if you're really that bothered there is a logout button in the bar near the top of the page.  Logging back in is completely voluntary.

Ninjagirl

Quote from: Alzo on April 29, 2016, 11:14:56 AM
I bet given the lack of activity on here a flounce was the last thing expected. No one can accuse me of not partaking...now hit those buttons.

Nobody is belittling anybody you're choosing to read meaning into it that I doubt is there.  If I'm wrong and it is then the 2 of you can duke it out at playtime over PM and not on this thread.

You know your stuff and TC knows his, and I don't really care who is right, but there's no need to bicker about it like kids.  If you feel you need some timeout feel free to take it but nobody is going to ban you for having an opinion Alzo. We love you both like red headed stepchildren and don't want either of you to leave. 

Alzo

Quote from: David W on April 29, 2016, 11:18:37 AM
Do you not think you're being a bit melodramatic?
Possibly

Quote from: David W on April 29, 2016, 11:24:18 AM
And if you're really that bothered there is a logout button in the bar near the top of the page.  Logging back in is completely voluntary.
I shall utilise that. Thank you...and Goodbye.  :icon_salut: