cheap ebay levers??

Started by Carbon_ZX6R, June 01, 2014, 12:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carbon_ZX6R

the pazzo copys finding sets for under £20 delivered anyone had much luck with them? I keep wondering if I can take the titax of my 250 and force them on the zx6r but doubt that so im looking at cheap as chips adjustable shortys?

2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

DaveH

Had them on my ER6, the colour (black) faded a little bit with use, but other than that seemed fairly good.

Only I checked (after reading some horror stories) was that the pistons could be pushed, easily, back into the calipers with the levers fitted as there were some reports of the lever applying some pressure and moving the master cylinder piston in enough to block the fluid return hole; resulting in brakes starting to bind as the fluid got hotter. That was a couple of years ago now, so maybe no longer an issue

Jono

Got em on me striple , all good for me so far (fitted approx for 10 mnths)

Carbon_ZX6R

how long did they take to come and how much you pay? im abit nervous about ordering from china
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

DaveH

Mine arrived it pretty good time, can't remember exactly. The clutch level was for the newer bike and they sent out a new part, in short order, no hassle whatsoever

Carbon_ZX6R

Quote from: DaveH on June 01, 2014, 05:02:28 PM
Mine arrived it pretty good time, can't remember exactly. The clutch level was for the newer bike and they sent out a new part, in short order, no hassle whatsoever
twenty quid for a set of levers just makes me think whats wrong with them
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

DaveH

Was very sceptical too, but had no issue at all with them, other than the wrong part. Think it was mid £20s I paid for them

0luke0

They are not the same quality as Pazzo etc.  I have seen brake levers bent or broken on forums.  For me it's not worth the risk.

But, it's your choice.

Carbon_ZX6R

not much are nnot even my titax I notice the difference between my pazzos  just fancy putting some cheap ones on my older zx6r
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

johnsmith

Hello Carbon

Have had a set of the £20 chinese specials on my ZRX for 2 years now with no problems at all. As above, the colour has faded abit on the levers themselves but hey....well worth it for that price.

Carbon_ZX6R

ooo ive just noticed I can get them in anodised green......... :tongue:

black ones should look smart
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Evil636

I've had the silver ones for about two years now and never even had a slight problem. I'm glad I didn't pay pizza price but you will get everyone and there dog shouting opinions about the Chinese stuff. My view is I don't care if it cost 20 quid or 120 quid if it goes down its going to break end of. All the talk of metal fatigue etc is just skeptical nonsense. Try TheTwoWheels on Google.  Mine arrived in just over a week. For 20 quid even if your not happy it's a spare set of levers for less than standard levers.

Carbon_ZX6R

I would but bit sceptical with sight like that when I have no come back if anything happends
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

ash

Got them on my bike, been on there for about 4 years now, they work just fine.....don't buy into the scare stories...these are spread by ignorant people. If they are machined from billet, they are going to be stronger than the brackets they are bolted to.

Jono

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on June 01, 2014, 05:00:33 PM
how long did they take to come and how much you pay? im abit nervous about ordering from china
£16 free p+p :hello2: never had any probs with stuff from china postage wise !