S1000 XR versus KTM Superduke GT

Started by LewisBeGoog, January 30, 2019, 08:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raydial

Quote from: Alzo on February 01, 2019, 07:23:17 AMhave you never ridden a bike or drove a car and something that you initially didn't like actually turns out to be less significant...and on the flip side something you hadn't realised on a test ride becomes very significant.
I remember you saying more-or-less that back in August. That initially you found the riding position on the XR weird, having come off something less sitty-uppy. But then you got used to it and appreciated all of the other qualities of the bike. The same might have happened to me if I'd had it for longer than a day.

Alzo

Quote from: Raydial on February 01, 2019, 01:42:12 PM
Quote from: Alzo on February 01, 2019, 07:23:17 AMhave you never ridden a bike or drove a car and something that you initially didn't like actually turns out to be less significant...and on the flip side something you hadn't realised on a test ride becomes very significant.
I remember you saying more-or-less that back in August. That initially you found the riding position on the XR weird, having come off something less sitty-uppy. But then you got used to it and appreciated all of the other qualities of the bike. The same might have happened to me if I'd had it for longer than a day.
Yip...even going back to the S1000R took time...it now feels natural...I don't think anyone can form a full opinion until you live with a bike. I have had a few...and some great bikes...the S1000R rates as the best...closely followed by GS...and 3rd to that was the Speed Triple R and for different reasons...of the 30 bikes I've had these are the three I'd keep.

David W

Still think the H2SX is worth a look....
Many reports that the bike won't work properly on a dyno because the front wheel isn't turning.

https://h2sxriders.net/derestricted-h2sx/

Alzo

I flicked between liking the design then not liking the design...expensive for the SE model...and it would need to be the bells and whistles one.

David W

Quote from: Alzo on February 02, 2019, 01:53:19 PM
I flicked between liking the design then not liking the design...expensive for the SE model...and it would need to be the bells and whistles one.

I think they are fugly, but they seem to do the job.  Love it or hate it styling I guess.

Alzo

I had a good look over one in a dealers in Cadiz last year...I was impressed with the quality...it looked well finished and well screwed together...and it's a Supercharged 1000cc motorcycle...so loads to like just there.

MOzZereLLa

Back to XR vs GT.

I truly think it will come down to which engine config you prefer. Both bikes are awesome.

Let us know what happens going forward.
Significantly faster than you.....

LewisBeGoog

I'm less concerned about funny auto blooper issues etc...

I do a lot of miles and most of them are commuting. But I still go out at the weekend and will do the very occasionally trackday.

There are very few bikes that allow me to do all the above.

On the H2SX versus ZZR argument. There is nothing in speed wise, but the H2 looks a whole generation on from th ZZR also there are already folks remapping them to use more of the Supercharger for 240-250bhp. That's appealing

Alzo

Quote from: LewisBeGoog on February 02, 2019, 09:23:11 PM
I'm less concerned about funny auto blooper issues etc...

I do a lot of miles and most of them are commuting. But I still go out at the weekend and will do the very occasionally trackday.

There are very few bikes that allow me to do all the above.

The XR will do the above...You Tube video put an XR up against RR...forget the track...but 1 second difference in lap times.

terry950sm

Growing old gracefully

Alzo

Quote from: terry950sm on February 04, 2019, 06:47:19 PM
https://youtu.be/_bgRN1neGVM
Only one opinion...and by that I mean he waxed lyrical for 2 years how good the XR was...then at the drop of a hat now waxes lyrical about the GT...and he is a bit of a bellend too...I'm not defending the XR...I'm berating his credibility.

terry950sm

Growing old gracefully

Alzo