£25 fine going to cost me over £400

Started by Lord Danoir the first, June 24, 2014, 05:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilby104

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on June 25, 2014, 02:55:25 PM
there are limits on what they can claim, and they're free to claim up to these limits..... as expected, this guy did...... but also threatened to add more if he had to come back; which is fraud and intimidation.

I've coughed up, but have put a complaint in about that.

Oh Dan I didn't realize that was the case. That being the case I think I'd have rather sweated it out for a bit. Surly the best thing that could have happened is matey thinking he's not getting his money and then doing a deal with you?

Ninjagirl

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on June 25, 2014, 02:04:12 PM
Velcro number plates come in handy sometimes

..and would be illegal. So we won't be mentioning it again. Capiche?

Bad luck Dan.  Best pay up and write it off.

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: Gilby104 on June 25, 2014, 03:07:42 PM
there are limits on what they can claim, and they're free to claim up to these limits..... as expected, this guy did...... but also threatened to add more if he had to come back; which is fraud and intimidation.

Oh Dan I didn't realize that was the case. That being the case I think I'd have rather sweated it out for a bit. Surly the best thing that could have happened is matey thinking he's not getting his money and then doing a deal with you?

true enough, but I've always picked my fights carefully and a moral victory over the pond life that is debt recovery 'professionals' is, if you'll excuse the pun..... shallow.

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: Ninjagirl on June 25, 2014, 03:09:22 PM

indeed..... plus you'd probably have an intention of breaking the law in the first place..... I was visiting the doc's, mind on other things, didn't see the 'permit holders only' sign.

he's right though..... number plates on velcro make fantastic evidence.....

Gilby104

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on June 25, 2014, 03:10:01 PM
Quote from: Gilby104 on June 25, 2014, 03:07:42 PM

true enough, but I've always picked my fights carefully and a moral victory over the pond life that is debt recovery 'professionals' is, if you'll excuse the pun..... shallow.

Yeah sure, and easier said than done of course. My suggestion wasn't pointing you towards a moral high ground you understand.... rather hoping that it might be a future tactic to save a bit of money.

Gilby104

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on June 25, 2014, 03:13:00 PM
Quote from: Ninjagirl on June 25, 2014, 03:09:22 PM

indeed..... plus you'd probably have an intention of breaking the law in the first place..... I was visiting the doc's, mind on other things, didn't see the 'permit holders only' sign.

he's right though..... number plates on velcro make fantastic evidence.....

Don't know if this violates site policy Nat but feel free to remove.

I have a mate who used to get pinched regularly by a rather over-zealous parking company at Bristol UWE. They had a three strikes and you're clamped ruling and so started popping a different number plate on his car (probably illegal even on private land?) and it solved the problem lovely. 

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: Gilby104 on June 25, 2014, 03:13:43 PM
My suggestion wasn't pointing you towards a moral high ground you understand.... rather hoping that it might be a future tactic to save a bit of money.

I know sweet cheeks, and that's why I love you.

karlv

Could probably do without them whacking a CCJ on your credit file too flower.

History now thou.

Coxy

£400, fucking hell Spaniel, that would of got you hundreds of Chinese levers, think next time!

MOzZereLLa

Pocket change for a man of Dan's financial stature - no worries...
Significantly faster than you.....

Tiiimmmaaayyyy

Quote from: Coxy on June 25, 2014, 03:50:56 PM
£400, fucking hell Spaniel, that would of got you hundreds of Chinese levers, think next time!

That's assuming the postal system works

karlv

Quote from: Tiiimmmaaayyyy on June 25, 2014, 03:53:47 PM

That's assuming the postal system works

Probably miss the postie delivery, have to go to the Post Office to pick them up, park in the wrong place, and the whole circle begins again...

Alzo

Why are people leaving China?

Tiiimmmaaayyyy

Quote from: Alzo on June 25, 2014, 04:11:36 PM

Where's ya wheelie bin?

Carbon_ZX6R

Quote from: Alzo on June 25, 2014, 04:11:36 PM
I do hope that's a joke :afro:
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods