Superbike School / tuition

Started by Gilby104, February 04, 2015, 11:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilby104

Quote from: mc101 on February 09, 2015, 10:06:02 AM
Quote from: Gilby104 on February 06, 2015, 01:05:58 PM
Quote from: mc101 on February 06, 2015, 09:56:40 AM
Go book at day at the Haslam School, its a more "fun environment" than CSS imo. 

Do the premier in the morning and if budget permits Elite in the afternoon - its a great day out. Alot more intense once you get to the Elite and you'll be tripping over Haslam, Lowes, Palmer, Johnson in the afternoon in the Elite lounge.

The best option for progression is one of the highly regarded coaches - Mike Dickinson (SA Superbike champ), Mike Edwards (what hasnt he won on worldwide), Simon Crafar (GP and WSBK God - my personal fave coach), Dave Wood (Ex BSB Privateer), Neil Hodgeson and Jamie Witham -- for me the last two are more about the craic than developing the riding but hey ho - Witham had me in tears most the day and still worth the ££.

Perfect, thanks MC. They do gift vouchers as well!

Right, budget allows for one session really. My mate rides a 1098 normally but has had a CBR600RR which he loved, an still misses. He's naturally got a pretty good feel for bikes and going quick on them and thinks a lot about his body position etc - sort of bastard who had his knee down within a week of having his first sports bike.

On the flip side, when it comes to listening to instruction or advice he's not the brightest.

Which one would you pick for him MC, Premier or Elite?

He cant do Elite unless he's previously attended a premier I'm afraid so in that respect he's gotta go through the process once at least.

Perfect, that's what we'll do then. Cheers all!

Gilby104

Just ordered this now ready for matey's birthday on Friday. Will let you know how he gets on. Thanks very much for the help boys and girls.

G

Gilby104

Never thought to tell you lot that my mate loved his day at Ron Haslam Race School so much that he organised me one back for my 30th Birthday.

I did the school yesterday and had a great day. Those CBR's are awesome bikes and Donnington was fantastic! Really enjoyed it.

My riding was described as "very confusing" originally and after some chatting after session 1 we found some stuff for me to try and concentrate on for the second session. Within 3 laps I had my first ever knee down on the right knee and, one corner later, had my first left knee down as well. Have not stopped smiling since. My riding then went even more to pot because all i wanted to do was drag my knees around the circuit anywhere I could..... I don't regret that decision one little bit!

My instructor, Matt Bishop, was great. He was kind and helpful but very direct, no BS which is perfect. He did tell me that I was the first person he's ever had to tell not to hang off too much.... but on the plus side, it does at least mean I was following his instructions from the first session. After a little bit of practice and a chat after the second session we managed to produce the picture below..... which I am chuffed to bits with!

Great day.

DaveH

Quote from: Gilby104 on July 20, 2017, 12:40:51 PM
Never thought to tell you lot that my mate loved his day at Ron Haslam Race School so much that he organised me one back for my 30th Birthday.

I did the school yesterday and had a great day. Those CBR's are awesome bikes and Donnington was fantastic! Really enjoyed it.

My riding was described as "very confusing" originally and after some chatting after session 1 we found some stuff for me to try and concentrate on for the second session. Within 3 laps I had my first ever knee down on the right knee and, one corner later, had my first left knee down as well. Have not stopped smiling since. My riding then went even more to pot because all i wanted to do was drag my knees around the circuit anywhere I could..... I don't regret that decision one little bit!

My instructor, Matt Bishop, was great. He was kind and helpful but very direct, no BS which is perfect. He did tell me that I was the first person he's ever had to tell not to hang off too much.... but on the plus side, it does at least mean I was following his instructions from the first session. After a little bit of practice and a chat after the second session we managed to produce the picture below..... which I am chuffed to bits with!

Great day.

[emoji41] :moto: