Track bike or road bike?

Started by Maddog, July 13, 2017, 06:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dav1d01

I'd have to say road bike too. Been tempted to go track only but a lot of time and effort and track days are getting expensive.

I use my R1 daily and hoon around a bit more in the good weather and try to do 4-5 TD a year - best of both worlds.

Maddog

Cheers for the replies team. I shall ponder my next move! :shocked:

R1ch

Quote from: Maddog on July 18, 2017, 05:47:54 PM
Cheers for the replies team. I shall ponder my next move! :shocked:

some of it will come down to what your mates are doing
i have a group of mates that i regularly do track days with, normally 1 or 2 trackdays a month with a couple of euros thrown in

giving up road riding has not been such a big deal.. and i don't miss it now (did at first)...
last time i rode on the road i did not really enjoy it.. trackdays have ruined road riding for me

Maddog

It suppose it would be far easier for me to sell the track bike as it frees up soooooooo much space.....The bike, spare engine, WOW's, spare fairings, spare parts, spare tyres, trailer, tyre warmers, jerry cans.....etc etc etc....  :undecided:

But then the roadbike has spare race bodywork, spare tank, spare tyres, spare road bodywork, spare headlights  :rofl:

Im a bike part hoarder!!!!!!!!

LewisBeGoog

Sounds like with all that spare track kit for the road bike you might as well so down that route.

Id love a track bike but with all the kit I would want to be really pushing it on track. On the road bike which I need to try and keep sunny side up I tend to hold back a little.