Lids

Started by 1-600-matt, March 16, 2014, 07:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobert

Quote from: Tucker Hauser on March 17, 2014, 05:53:41 PM
Have Arai's improved the visor changing method?

No it's still the same but I've never had a problem with it in over 25 years of wearing Arai's. Still doesn't feel right though.........

Manic636

With Arai, Shoei and Schuberth part of what you are paying for is the level of quality control and testing behind the lids, Thats why they are so damn good. Race reps are noisier than road based designs due to the amount of air they tend to flow. Find out what fits well and pay close attention to the fit around your face at the front because that is where a level of whistle will come from, are there any pressure points on your head? make sure the helmet wont roll forward off your head.
Personally I will be buying a Shoei next as they have been the best lids I've worn to date but X-Lite and high end AGV are also good.

Millhouse

Damn you Matt!!

Checked my lid because of this thread.

Now own this!
Life is a contact sport,  you'll be needing rule #5

Dom1

The choice of champions.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

ash

Quote from: Dom1 on March 18, 2014, 09:51:39 PM
The choice of champions.

I thought Rossi used AGV ;)

Maddog

nice lid......BUT......WTF is that thing bottom left of pic??

Millhouse

Bulldog statue wearing reindeer ears obviously!!!!

Life is a contact sport,  you'll be needing rule #5

Jarse

Quote from: Maddog on March 19, 2014, 06:05:16 PM
nice lid......BUT......WTF is that thing bottom left of pic??

I thought it, glad you asked it!

MOzZereLLa

Arai's visor mechanism is fine as long as you do it right as suggested in the instructions.

Top of the range Arais are some of the noisiest lids of the market. This has been tested and proved.
Significantly faster than you.....

1-600-matt

Well I'm gonna go trying a few on at the weekend and see if u can find anything that is as comfy as the arai. My mate raves about his shark lid and sees my arai preference as being purely for the name! But his shark has one puney little vent on the top and I can't see it getting any decent air flow. Compared to the rx7 with 3 vents on the top plus the brow vents plus the one on the chin bar plus all the exhaust ducts at the back. As a sweaty fucker I'd sacrifice noise for air flow.

1-600-matt

Quote from: Millhouse on March 18, 2014, 09:21:29 PM
Damn you Matt!!

Checked my lid because of this thread.

Now own this!

Sorry! Nice lid though.

komp

just went a bought a new one too
nothing to do with this thread, more to do with the fact I noticed fibreglass where the paint was falling off!!

went for the new guinters rep,
always thought it looked bad ass

just got to wait for me dark visor to arrive to complete the look  :afro:
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Jarse

the invisible dog

Had just about talked myself into replacing my XR1000 with an '1100 and the blighters have now replaced that with an NXR?!  :shocked:

Green_Ninja

Quote from: the invisible dog on March 20, 2014, 04:47:47 PM
Had just about talked myself into replacing my XR1000 with an '1100 and the blighters have now replaced that with an NXR?!  :shocked:

but you can still get XR1100's and they are still great lids, price should fall a little as well :-)