Decent lid brands

Started by Lord Danoir the first, June 12, 2017, 04:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Danoir the first

Have never considered protecting my valuable napper with anything other than Arai which I've used for the best part of 30 years.

Dicko tells me that nowadays, they perform poorly in tests against other brands.

So, kiddywinks..... what's hot and what's not?

Answer me now, or incur my wrath........... please

Green_Ninja

Shoei  :azn:  Arai are still fine as far as I am aware, the Sharp tests kind of chucked a spanner in the works but some of the testing has been questioned.

Fit and comfort are still the most important factors so get a that fits you properly and is all day comfy.

Aye, Shoei or Arai would get my dosh if I was in the market for a new lid.

Lord Danoir the first

That's what I thunked....... sticking with Arai, and be damned the consequences.

m6rk

shoei as the visor mech doesn't suck like the arai and the pinlock visors work..

Maddog

Shoei for me due to my massive sweed

Green_Ninja

Quote from: m6rk on June 12, 2017, 10:16:33 PM
shoei as the visor mech doesn't suck like the arai and the pinlock visors work..

This  :azn:

Foo

Quote from: m6rk on June 12, 2017, 10:16:33 PM

This is why i switched to shoei

David W

I'm looking at the moment, and I've been an Arai fanboi since forever.
Currently between AGV Corsa-R, Shoei XSpirit III, and Bell RaceStar for me.

Ignore the Sharp testing, it's bollocks.  Arai still do very well tested against anyone.  Whats making me change is that the Arai's just don't seem to have moved on since the RX7 came out and my current RX7GP is bloody uncomfortable even though it's the same size as the last four Arai RX7's I've had.

Lord Danoir the first

Agreed that the visor mech on the Arai is....erm..... FUCKING SHIT....... but every Shoei that I've ever tried pinches the crown of my napper.

David W

I'm not that keen on the shape and style of the new Arai's.  They look a bit too ball shaped.  Going to definitely try something else, assuming they fit OK when I try them on.  Arai have changed the shell shape a lot apparently so what used to fit might not now and vice versa.  My RX7GP leave a big mark right across my forehead if I wear it for more than about 45 mins.  I rode to Italy and back in the previous one!

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: David W on June 13, 2017, 11:27:42 AM
I'm not that keen on the shape and style of the new Arai's.  They look a bit too ball shaped.  Going to definitely try something else, assuming they fit OK when I try them on.  Arai have changed the shell shape a lot apparently so what used to fit might not now and vice versa.  My RX7GP leave a big mark right across my forehead if I wear it for more than about 45 mins.  I rode to Italy and back in the previous one!

Interesting... will certainly have to try them then..... the last 3 I've bought off the web and they all feel exactly the same to wear which is why I like them.

Cheers for the heads up.

tucola

Quote from: David W on June 13, 2017, 11:27:42 AM

Hmm, it's not just me then.... I've been a Arai man since I started, but my current RX7 does exactly this.

PJ

I recently switched to a Shoei Neotec flip up but I've heard HJC aren't bad either.

Alzo