after a long break hello again. But have problems with new bike.

Started by andy_g, November 16, 2017, 12:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy_g

Hi Guys

I've not been around for a long time took a break from riding after having an off!

Well i'm back on two wheels the ZX6R has gone and i'm now the owner of a 2017 Z1000.

BUT I have problems in fact i'm without my new bike now and have been for 3 weeks!!!!

I took delivery of my new 67 plate Z1000 R performance edition on the 6th October completed the 600 mile run in and took her for her first service of 28th October where they found a problem with the brakes one of the main caliper retention bolts had been cross threaded in to the fork leg which had twisted the Brembo brake caliper which means a new fork leg Etc under warranty.

I was pissed to say the least that what i consider a serious and dangerous fault had got out the factory and on to the road.

Then the news came from the dealer that Kawasaki had no spare parts available in the whole of Europe and i would have to wait a minimum of 3 weeks for the part to come from Japan meaning the part would of landed in the Uk on Monday 13th November well still no parts have turned up at the dealer so it looks like we are going into 4 weeks without my bike.

I contacted Kawasaki UK to question firstly how this fault got out the factory and onto the road where either the bolt or aluminium casting could have failed leading to brake failure.
And secondly how was it that Kawasaki had no parts available in the whole of Europe and it would take 3 weeks to get parts to the dealer.

The response I received after waiting 5 days for a reply was pathetic see below.

Thank you for your detailed email raising your concerns.

Firstly, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused as a result of the delays experienced.

Unfortunately, we are unable to advise you as to how this tightening error occurred and why it was not reported or corrected prior to the motorcycle leaving the assembly line. We fully appreciate that this issue has been compounded with the fact that the warranty claim has been hindered by the supply of the necessary replacement parts. Our warranty system usually supplies parts from our European warehouse to the dealer network overnight and we can only apologise further for the fact that you are waiting for replacement parts as they are shipped from the factory in Japan.

I have contacted our parts department in Europe and requested that the outstanding item is air freighted and I will advise you of their response.

We appreciate your frustration as the ownership of a new machine should be a joyous occasion and again we offer our apologies for such a situation arising.

Kind regards,

Alan Lunn
Technical & Customer Service Group

I replied to this email last Friday 10th November and I've not received a response back.
It just seems like they want to shrug you off they've had your £12K and now they are not interested.

I love the Z though when she does eventually come back i can see we are going to get on very well  :evil: :evil: 

Green_Ninja

Surely they can take the fork leg off an new unsold bike and then replace it once they get the spares? Have they provided a courtesy bike? If not why not?

Alzo

Unfortunately you are experiencing what is becoming the norm. Priority is given to getting bikes sold...after that there is less urgency.

andy_g

Yeah I've been given a courtesy bike but it's not the same as your own bike is it.

I thought that but I don't know if there is any difference with it being a performance edition as it has The Brembo callipers.

Bikes not moved today as I've not had any tracker notifications sent to me so parts have defo not arrived.

Hmm I'm thinking this could be my last kwak if this is the level of after sales support Kawasaki are offering.

Raydial