Kawasaki AR50 restoration

Started by Phil_8, July 23, 2016, 04:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

komp

Quote from: Dom1 on September 29, 2016, 10:40:37 AM
Sorry but that would drive me insane.

same here

never understand the whole laquering of decals anyway, they typically don't come from the factory like that
I had a nsr125 tank resprayed a few years back as was getting rusty, told them not to lacquer the decals
i get it back, not only had they lacquered the decals, they had lacquered the tankpad!!
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Phil_8

I specifically asked them to lacquer the decal as I prefer the look    :lipsrsealed:

komp

Quote from: Phil_8 on September 29, 2016, 11:33:42 AM
I specifically asked them to lacquer the decal as I prefer the look    :lipsrsealed:

fair enough... bet you are regretting that decesion now tho ;)
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Phil_8

Raydial

Dom1

Liking the idea of getting a spare rank done.

This is a future classic.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

David W

Can you not go back to the paint shop and say 'you put the badge in the wrong fucking place.  Fix it'?

Dom1

Is it going to be as nice as this?

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Phil_8

That is the exact same fairing that I have for mine (that is their demo bike)

I'm going for a different colour scheme though

Lack of updates on this can be put down to dark and cold winter with lack of a garage.
My engine should be done now, but I've been on a few holidays recently so funds are a bit short so I'm keeping quiet so a couple of months and hoping they don't notice it sat in the corner of their workshop haha

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Dom1 on March 14, 2017, 01:28:00 PM
Is it going to be as nice as this?

That looks fucking awful......
Significantly faster than you.....

Phil_8

Dom1

MOzZereLLa

That looks like that home-made "motorcycle" that did the picture rounds on facebook a while back.

It's fucking awful and I don't give a shit what you think. If you want to ruin a perfectly good classic like that crack on.

Significantly faster than you.....

Phil_8

AN UPDATE!!!

Had a few things back from the powder coaters (still no engine yet though.........)
I ummed and arrrghd about the colour of the wheels for a long time, as I am not a massive fan of gold, but came to the conclusion that with the unconventional colour scheme I have going on, keeping the wheels to how they are on the model bike was the way to go. Hopefully I wont regret that decision once its done.
The swingarm has a really nice, unexpected fleck in it.

I also hope that these tryres stay on properly. although they are the right size, they are not meant for the bike, but I didnt want to use the shitty standard ones

Alzo

Look forward to seeing it coming together.