Iphone to Android

Started by Maddog, November 07, 2018, 07:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddog

Anyone else made the switch from Iphone to Android? Is there anything i need to look out for? Any tips or things i need to do?

MOzZereLLa

Tried Android. Lasted 3 days.

I can see the attraction but for me - it's inferior.
Significantly faster than you.....

Green_Ninja

Tried Apple, went back to Android, far better IMHO. It's as much down to the user as it is the OS.

Kitb4460

Quote from: Green_Ninja on November 07, 2018, 08:46:26 PM
Tried Apple, went back to Android, far better IMHO. It's as much down to the user as it is the OS.

Same as me. Just didn't like itunes thing
Retired Rozzer and loving it.

komp

my view is that android (depending on which phone manufacturer you have) allows for a lot more control and configuration.
you can use the phone how you want... not how apple wants.
i can see why some people would prefer apple products, especially if not particularly tech savvy.

KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Raydial

Quote from: komp on November 08, 2018, 08:33:34 AM
my view is that android (depending on which phone manufacturer you have) allows for a lot more control and configuration.
you can use the phone how you want... not how apple wants.
i can see why some people would prefer apple products, especially if not particularly tech savvy.
I was a web developer for 10 years, and know other programmers and software engineers who love iPhones - one even has a small Apple logo tattooed in the palm of his hand. He usually buys the latest Apple products on the day they come out.

For me, it's that Apple makes products that are nice out of the box. They're aesthetically pleasing and they just work. Plus they have some great integration if you have other Apple products. The iTunes integration used to be annoying cos you had to use iTunes to back-up and update your phone and apps but not now. Any time I've opened iTunes in the last year on my phone or MacBook has been by accident.

For info, I also have an Android tablet which I enjoy. It's good for certain things but anything that would have persuaded me to switch to Android in the past was quickly adopted by Apple too.

The only thing that annoys me now is that they're all getting rid of the headphone jacks. I don't want to have to remember to charge my headphones too, or to have a dongle that I'll lose.  :angry9:

Maddog

Cheers for the replies lads.

Ive had the Android for a day now and pretty much agree with whats been said. Its not as user friendly out of the box. Iphones are much easier to use and set up. It may be because ive pretty much always had an Iphone so know how to do it? If i can sort the basics out, such as getting message alerts etc to pop up on the lock screen and how to get rid of the pre loaded stuff that it comes with that i dont need then i'll be happy.

I will see how it goes for another couple of days before i decide if i keep it or not.

Its the Oneplus 6t that im using.

Carbon_ZX6R

the 6t is meant to be a phenomenal phone , bit of an underdog , id have it over an iphone any day of the week (currently Samsung Note 8)

and i had iphones for years and i have never turned back

part of it for me is you pay a hefty premium for the apple name , and that dose not translate over to specs unfortunately

anyone remember BENDGATE?
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Fastas......

The oneplus 6 is a brilliant phone. I've always been an HTC man but made the switch as none of the main providers don't stock them. It's impressed me from the off.

Carbon_ZX6R

Huawei is another solid phone
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

David W

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on November 10, 2018, 11:48:13 PM
Huawei is another solid phone

If you want a phone with software written by the Chinese Army....

Carbon_ZX6R

Military grade software is never a bad thing 😊
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on November 11, 2018, 09:25:33 AM

Hahahaha - military grade software that is designed to steal all your personal details 😂

Carbon_ZX6R

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on November 11, 2018, 10:29:48 AM
Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on November 11, 2018, 09:25:33 AM

Hahahaha - military grade software that is designed to steal all your personal details 😂
So we talking spy agencies tech now? Apple can't even do that , if I'm correct it was not the huawei phones that was collecting questionable data secretly but the OnePlus
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

MOzZereLLa

They are all made in China but it's the ones that use OS designed in China too I wouldn't go near.