Carbon_ZX6R

2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Neio79

Cool I may be interested I'm away for two weeks but when I'm back I'd be interested in more details. See it etc .

Carbon_ZX6R

You would be most welcome to , was going to stick it back together and sell it for 2k , but I just don't have the time
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Raydial

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on September 06, 2018, 01:56:59 PM
was going to stick it back together and sell it for 1k , but I just don't have the time
The jokes just write themselves...  ;)

Phil_8

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on September 06, 2018, 11:51:42 AM
It was in perfect working order before , so can't see any reason why not

:rofl: :rofl:

{insert object} worked perfectly fine before I took it apart/smashed it up/left it abandoned

Carbon_ZX6R

never smashed it up , its not a crashed bike , i stole half the performance parts off it and put low mile origional parts back on it
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Phil_8

They were intended as a general delete as applicable, not directly accusatory

Lord Danoir the first

decent winter project but if Carbon's worked on it, assume you need to pull it to pieces and start from frame up.

same for any bike you know has been messed with I suppose, but this young man has form......

Carbon_ZX6R

and ive always managed to put things back together , what needs doing , m/c fittings and brakes pled , healight , indicators plugging in , body work fitting , and thats about it
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

1-600-matt

Really decent track bike. And even though down on HP compared to newer bikes they are more than enough for tracking.

Rear shock is way over sprung and generally awful on the road. I replaced mine with a WP and it really settles the bike down.  Forks needed stiffer springs for me. Once you get a bit of pace I found it very prone to locking up the back tyre on downshifts and would skip and bounce about, so added a slipper clutch. Brake pads are quite expensive as it's got 4 pads per calliper. Needs a quick action throttle to make getting it pinned easier. Steering damper is advisable even if the shock is replaced.

Maddog

Sorry to bring this thread back up but......if anyone was still after a ZX6RR K1 track bike, the guy that bought mine had messaged me asking if i am interested in buying the bike back for £2000, and comes with everything i sold it to him for minus the 6rr engine (it has the 636 engine fitted).

It comes with spare wets on wheels with discs, spare wet tyres. It has a PCIII, Ohlins rear shock, Ohlins steering damper, Akky end can, Brembo 19x20 MC, V5, 4954 miles. I sold it to him for £2500 so not a bad deal. If anyone wants his number, i can pass it on. He lives in Portsmouth.