Mcnninjas.co.uk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What bike?  (Read 373 times)

Lord Danoir the first

• Forum Whore
    • View Profile
Re: What bike?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2019, 01:45:03 PM »

I think you'd like the RC8 of mine. Bob up and have a go.

I think I'd be tempted by an 06-08 R1....... the model Peej had, they're ace.

At the cheaper end GSXR1000 of a year to suit your wallet..... they're all good.

You want a sports bike for the riding you'll be doing for sure.......... you can join Dicko and I on a road bike only TD, or come to Spain with me!! I won't bum you..... promise

Don't think I can afford a reasonable RC8.... but if the offer of a joy ride and a gentle bum is on offer I'll take it up with both hands. TBH, I'd come up for a cup of tea and a cuddle!

Kettle is always on. Would very much like you to meet Anna anyway............. so fucking get a wriggle on y'cunt!

Lord Danoir the first

• Forum Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2019, 01:46:03 PM »

PS. My RC8 was sub 5K and is in very nice order

David W

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2019, 02:01:16 PM »

The 954 Fireblade is a great bike.  Its as light and small as most 600cc bikes too.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 02:07:49 PM by David W »

Neio79

• Site Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2019, 03:41:24 PM »

Proper sorted C model 636 easily for 3.5K. No contest. that would have my money. Had both theC an P versions. Although you could have either id choose the C2 06  over  a P 07.

The Wizard of MOz

• Forum Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2019, 06:27:58 PM »

Why would he want the shittest looking 600 on the planet?
Significantly faster than you.....

Jarse

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2019, 08:35:44 PM »

The 954 Fireblade is a great bike.  Its as light and small as most 600cc bikes too.

It’s a yes from me. Lovely.

1-600-matt

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2019, 08:59:14 PM »

Nothing more satisfying than rinsing a litre bike on a 600... particularly if you manage it on a straight on the power... rarely happens, but it’s worth having a girls bike just for those special moments when you get to ruin someone on a £15k r1

Get the newest 636 you can afford.

terry950sm

• View Profile
    • http://www.icescapealaskanmalamutes.co.uk/
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2019, 04:29:31 PM »

RC 8. As Dan said. Great bike an some bargains about this time of year.
Growing old gracefully

The Wizard of MOz

• Forum Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2019, 05:11:23 PM »

Nothing more satisfying than rinsing a litre bike on a 600... particularly if you manage it on a straight on the power... rarely happens, but it’s worth having a girls bike just for those special moments when you get to ruin someone on a £15k r1

You’re my hero!

He spoke of doing some higher mileage touring. I can think of anything worse than a sports 600 for that. At least a litre bike has lazier power and will cruise at higher speeds lower revs compared to a 636. The only downsize for G specifically is his size.

Significantly faster than you.....

1-600-matt

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2019, 11:56:32 PM »

You’re my hero!

He spoke of doing some higher mileage touring. I can think of anything worse than a sports 600 for that. At least a litre bike has lazier power and will cruise at higher speeds lower revs compared to a 636. The only downsize for G specifically is his size.

Said he was 9st, hardly a giant and said he didn’t feel the need for any more power than a 600. And planning what sounded like 2 trips, IOM and France... didn’t seem like the need for a litre bike was really there. 636 was fine down through the alps for in my view, sitting about 80mph quite comfortably and I imagine a better range than a litre bike on a tank

Gilby104

• Even more senior member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2019, 01:49:43 PM »

thanks all,

some serious food for thought. TBH, i don't 'need' any more power than a 600 and I definitely don't need anything heavier which is why i was originally looking at 600's (I took the girl's bike comment as tongue in cheek)..... but, if a Thou comes up that ticks all the boxes and I can ride the thing without having to wrestle it around without filling my pockets full of lead weight then i don't see why I wouldn't at least consider a Thou.

The 954 is a lovely looking bike. Will have to give the RC8 a look around and see if I can get on with a Thou. If not, I'm content on a 600. The 675 I had was a fine engine and never wanted more day to day or on Euro-trips.

I am starting to get aches and pains on long rides but as a rule I fit so well on a little 6 that i don't suffer as you'd imagine. It does change the geometry of them quite a bit i think.

Argghhh.... the 636 is such a conundrum. Looking through it actually looks like the best deal I could get and nobody has a bad thing to say about riding them..... but I just can't love the look of them at all. I'd begrudge buying something I didn't like the look of tbh. It's shallow and completely misses the point of biking but it's a lot of sheckles to part with and I've got to love it to make it worth swapping mine!

Gilby104

• Even more senior member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2019, 01:51:23 PM »

I think you'd like the RC8 of mine. Bob up and have a go.

I think I'd be tempted by an 06-08 R1....... the model Peej had, they're ace.

At the cheaper end GSXR1000 of a year to suit your wallet..... they're all good.

You want a sports bike for the riding you'll be doing for sure.......... you can join Dicko and I on a road bike only TD, or come to Spain with me!! I won't bum you..... promise

Don't think I can afford a reasonable RC8.... but if the offer of a joy ride and a gentle bum is on offer I'll take it up with both hands. TBH, I'd come up for a cup of tea and a cuddle!

Kettle is always on. Would very much like you to meet Anna anyway............. so fucking get a wriggle on y'cunt!

I've put aside a packet of hula hoops and a double decker which I'll consume whilst compiling a list of dates for this to happen..... I'll bring you your own hoops and double decker on confirmation!

Neio79

• Site Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2019, 09:26:54 PM »

Why would he want the shittest looking 600 on the planet?

Wash your mouth out!!!!  :shocked:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 34 queries.