Previous topic - Next topic

Green_Ninja

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on May 02, 2019, 07:27:10 AM
Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on May 02, 2019, 07:03:01 AM
Is the outer shell plastic, or composite like this:

https://www.whyarai.co.uk/hand-made

?
composite

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: what a load of shite. injected plastic is what they are and in NO WAY comparable to a proper, safe, crash helmet. Buy nice or buy twice as they say.

PJ

At the end of the day, people can quote safety ratings all they want, and there is probably a disparity between price and quality but it's all subjective. I've shell out over £1000 (twice) on new iPhones. Does the price guarantee quality/features etc? Not necessarily. But I like them.

When it comes to safety and protection, I just can't (and won't) bring myself to buy protective gear that seems unrealistically cheap. But that doesn't mean I will pay upwards of £700 for a lid either. I take my safety seriously and I put my faith in the fact that companies like Arai, Shoei, Caberg, Schuberth etc have been around the block for many years and in the case of Arai/Shoei are respected enough to be big names in racing which can only help to advance safety.

In a nutshell, I don't care what stickers or certificates something has, if it's an unknown brand claiming quality products for a suspiciously low price then I'm unlikely to buy. That said I'd happily by an HJC helmet for instance for the c.£300 mark.

Also, if the helmets were such good quality/safe etc, supply and demand would dictate that they could (and would) ramp up their prices to take advantage of the market.

Gilby104

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on May 02, 2019, 07:40:29 AM
I've just googled them, they're plastic.........

Ahhhhh....... busted!

I agree with Carbon's logic. The analogy I was thinking of was with planes. I'll accept that if I fly Ryanair I'm not going to get all of the comfort and 'nice to haves' as a premium flight.... but I don't expect it to be anymore likely to fall out of the air once it's passed the standard required!

As for helmets, if the product is the same quality and safety and it can be proven then we are all mugs for letting premium brands rip us off. But that argument HAS to bear up to actual scrutiny. You can't just HOPE that they are the same quality Carbon!

MOzZereLLa

You'd fly RyanAir???

Hahaha.......you mug.

I wouldn't.
Significantly faster than you.....

PJ

Quote from: Gilby104 on May 02, 2019, 01:43:11 PM
Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on May 02, 2019, 07:40:29 AM
I've just googled them, they're plastic.........

Ahhhhh....... busted!

I agree with Carbon's logic. The analogy I was thinking of was with planes. I'll accept that if I fly Ryanair I'm not going to get all of the comfort and 'nice to haves' as a premium flight.... but I don't expect it to be anymore likely to fall out of the air once it's passed the standard required!

As for helmets, if the product is the same quality and safety and it can be proven then we are all mugs for letting premium brands rip us off. But that argument HAS to bear up to actual scrutiny. You can't just HOPE that they are the same quality Carbon!

The flight analogy is flawed, they aren't producing a product, in this case the airplane. They are buying the same plane (more or less) that other airlines are buying and then using it to provide a service. The only way the RyanAir analogy works is if they built their own planes, and if they did I sure as shit wouldn't fly on one  :rofl:

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on May 02, 2019, 02:08:06 PM
You'd fly RyanAir???

Hahaha.......you mug.

I wouldn't.

Errrrrrrr

You will be

MOzZereLLa

I'll fly with a company I trust to look after their aircrew and hire a car Daniel ;)

Carbon_ZX6R

2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

MOzZereLLa

E-marked?

The article wasn't about just fake helmets, but cheap shit ones too.

Carbon_ZX6R

Of course it's emarked , it's just not ACU certified
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

terry950sm

I have just crash tested an Arai tour 3. I still have a chin, so buy the decent stuff.

Case closed
Growing old gracefully

Quote from: terry950sm on July 14, 2019, 11:18:22 AM
I have just crash tested an Arai tour 3. I still have a chin, so buy the decent stuff.
Case closed

Hope you are ok .