Main Menu

Ejector/Ejection seat

Started by Maddog, June 18, 2018, 10:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddog

Does anyone know where i can get an ejector seat. I dont want it to work as i plan to strip and make into a lounge chair as seen on ebay but dont fancy paying ebay prices!

Jimhas7

Try contacting Martin Baker in Denham... its what they make.. dont ask don get...  :moto:

MOzZereLLa

The are a few "military memorabilia" dealers in the UK but a decommissioned Martin baker ((other brands are available) is not going to be cheap.

Google is your friend but don't expect a bargain - in fact, I would suggest you won't find one for sensible money. I guess there must be a few floating around privately owned or for sale from independent dealers. These will be incredibly rare and demand a price reflecting this.

And it's Ejector Seat 😜
Significantly faster than you.....

Chojin

I genuinely opened this expecting it to be a joke along with tales of how you want to play an elaborate trick on your wife by jettisoning her off into space, or something along those lines. Who knew you could actually BUY one (albeit second hand!?)

Now I want one.

Thanks.

MOzZereLLa

I have to add they're fucking uncomfortable things  :rofl:

Neio79

Moz,  Square the lads away. next time you are up just eject with a 'fault' and keep the seat as a memento then give it to Madog.

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Neio79 on June 19, 2018, 08:38:54 AM
Moz,  Square the lads away. next time you are up just eject with a 'fault' and keep the seat as a memento then give it to Madog.

Fuck that - have you seen how much they're worth??? He'd be paying me market value I'm afraid!

That said, on ejection you separate from the seat and the seat descends under its own parachute (seats have feelings too) likely to be miles from where the ejectee lands.

Maddog's best bet is to hope he finds himself at the exact point where the seat lands when the next unfortunate sod has to gain his Martin Baker tie 😂

the invisible dog

Neio79

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on June 19, 2018, 08:47:12 AM
Quote from: Neio79 on June 19, 2018, 08:38:54 AM

Fuck that - have you seen how much they're worth??? He'd be paying me market value I'm afraid!

You are so Jack!!  :rofl:

MOzZereLLa

Dom1

I immediately thought this was going to be an addition to the track car.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Maddog

Hahaha my mates thought i was taking the piss when i sent a text asking if they knew anyone with fingers in pies  :rofl:

I could have had one last year for £1500 but it was in a bad state and had a few bits missing. If id known the price they would be worth id have bought it.

Im down the road from MB so could pop in and see how much they laugh at me.  :rofl:

Maddog

The only other alternative is to make one....... using a race seat as the seat and add stuff/stickers etc to make it look as near as possible to Moz's office chair.

Jimhas7

My brother in law works at MB, not sure he could help but I could ask him if they sell any off...  :moto: