Importing a bike from Japan

Started by captain sensible, October 07, 2018, 10:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain sensible

I've been looking at starting 50cc racing next year and slowly getting everything together to help keep costs down.

As of yet I still haven't managed to get my hands on a bike but noticed a large number of cheap bikes in Japan

Has anyone in here imported a bike before? As it's looking to be cheaper for me to get one from Japan than the UK with some of the silly prices being asked.
Now with 100% more sarcasm.

Gilby104

Quote from: captain sensible on October 07, 2018, 10:02:21 AM
I've been looking at starting 50cc racing next year and slowly getting everything together to help keep costs down.

As of yet I still haven't managed to get my hands on a bike but noticed a large number of cheap bikes in Japan

Has anyone in here imported a bike before? As it's looking to be cheaper for me to get one from Japan than the UK with some of the silly prices being asked.

This sounds brilliant; have you got a link please?

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: Gilby104 on October 08, 2018, 12:17:49 PM
Quote from: captain sensible on October 07, 2018, 10:02:21 AM

This sounds brilliant; have you got a link please?

Your power to weight ratio would be huge!!

captain sensible

I've not found one for an importers, however the club I'm looking to go racing with are these guys.

http://www.classic50ccracingclub.co.uk

Dom1

There is a bloke on Facebook who brings in stuff from Japanese ebay.

Moriwaki Man I think his name is.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Dom1

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Dom1

Then go onto https://www.yahoo.co.jp/ and hit the auction button to see what is available.

captain sensible

I've been looking on the auction sites for a while, just trying to work out the logistics of getting it back to the UK and wondered if any of you lovely people had done it before.

Carbon_ZX6R

You have to pay 10% duty on used cars from Japan if that helps ... It imagine it's the same
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods