New Bike Day

Started by Thegodfather, October 16, 2019, 08:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thegodfather

Well not exactly as I got it two weeks ago and this is the only picture I have when I picked it up. Just not getting out coz of the weather.
Done 200 miles and chomping at the bit to get the running in done.
So far Iv'e got Titanium rad & Oil guards and track farings from Fima Racing, if you've not used them before they're worth a look. The quality and feel look good and a really good price for all the parts included. I can't comment on the fit yet as I'm not starting to until it's had the first service.

I've also contacted DWR as recommended on here, had a good chat and worked out a deal to supply, install a full system and map it.

The seating feels very similar to the Suzuki GSXR 1000 L7 but much sharper and lighter. As for power it's restricted atm, not that you'd know it on the road.

I still have the Suzuki which I'm looking to sell. There was no point trading it against the BMW, it was financial suicide. The Gixer has not fared well in the market and even selling I'll take a hit.

Alzo

Happy New Bike...looks sublime.  😊

Happy new bike. That will be a missile. Many happy and safe miles. 🏍🏍🏍🏍

Dom1

Lovely bit of kit right there. Enjoy.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

DaveH

komp

very nice, one of the prettier looking sports bikes out there at the mo (cant believe I am saying that about a BMW)
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Jarse

Lovely machine. Enjoy 😎🏍

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: komp on October 17, 2019, 09:47:58 AMvery nice, one of the prettier looking sports bikes out there at the mo (cant believe I am saying that about a BMW)
I'm not so sure. That seat unit is shocking, cheap and plasticky. I remember the road fairing at the NEC last year being shockingly flimsy. Those turning them into track tools will have no problem but as a premium road product I think it's lacking.
Significantly faster than you.....

Thegodfather

Thanks guys.
I bought it for the spec rather than the looks. Having only seen it in the flesh last month at catalunya I was unsure about it. There was 2 at the event one in road and one with fairings on. It looked much better tracked up but have to say that the standard trim is growing on me. Got 4 months before my next trackday so will post some more pics up with build.

Unsure what do do with the fairings ATM.
I'm leaning towards getting them dipped. Waiting on a price for that. Vinyl wrapping was too expensive I thought.
I can get them sprayed cheep but then what graphics to put on. Don't really want a race rep but if I did I'm favouring the Smith's.

Alzo

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on October 17, 2019, 11:59:07 AM
Quote from: komp on October 17, 2019, 09:47:58 AMvery nice, one of the prettier looking sports bikes out there at the mo (cant believe I am saying that about a BMW)
I'm not so sure. That seat unit is shocking, cheap and plasticky. I remember the road fairing at the NEC last year being shockingly flimsy. Those turning them into track tools will have no problem but as a premium road product I think it's lacking.
The material on a new S1000RR is no worse or no better than any other Sportsbike out there...I've studied and ridden the Ducati V4s and it is no different...we wanted lighter and faster and that's what we got...you don't achieve that with using the finest finished Oak Veneer as fairings and brass for headlamps....same goes for modern cars...weight is the biggest factor.

Maddog

Good looking bike mate. DWR will sort the bike out a treat. Let us know the before and after!

Green_Ninja