Manufacturer rated as Thatcham category 2?

Started by SuperMooCow, August 12, 2015, 03:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperMooCow

Hi all,

I've got a 2003 Kawasaki zx636 (B1H) motorcycle and wanted to know if the standard manufacturer immobilizer is a Thatcham Category 2 immobiliser?

As I'm about to take out an insurance policy for the bike and it specifies the following:

"702 - E702 SECURITY - THATCHAM CATEGORY 2 IMMOBILISER - We will not provide any cover under Section 1 & 2

of the policy (i.e. any claim for loss or damage by theft or attempted theft of the insured vehicle) unless we have proof that

it is fitted with a factory fitted Thatcham Category 2 immobiliser or it has a Thatcham Category 2 immobiliser fitted by an

insurer approved installer and that the immobiliser is on and working whenever the insured vehicle is left."

Cheers,

Carbon_ZX6R

i wasn't aware the b1h came with an immobiliser?
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Green_Ninja

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on August 12, 2015, 03:06:46 PM
i wasn't aware the b1h came with an immobiliser?

Doesn't it have the K.I.S.S. immobiliser, I know the 2005 C models onwards do. If it does it will have a RED master key (or it would have had from new)

if it does the ignition barrel should look like this

MOzZereLLa

Surely Kawasaki could confirm the immobiliser category?
Significantly faster than you.....

SuperMooCow

The ignition barrel doesn't look like that image, it just looks black and silver.

I've tried to get hold of a Kawasaki dealer but couldn't get through, I'll try them again tomorrow.

Carbon_ZX6R

Quote from: SuperMooCow on August 12, 2015, 05:24:38 PM
The ignition barrel doesn't look like that image, it just looks black and silver.

I've tried to get hold of a Kawasaki dealer but couldn't get through, I'll try them again tomorrow.
I'm quite sure the b1h doesn't have a factory immobiliser
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

MOzZereLLa

I don't remember mine having it either. My 05 10R had KISS - maybe that was the year it was introduced.
Significantly faster than you.....

Green_Ninja

Quote from: SuperMooCow on August 12, 2015, 05:24:38 PM

in that case it hasn't, I can't find anything to say it was fitted to models before 05 so it would appear you are out of luck

SuperMooCow

Thanks for the replies everyone, after calling a couple of dealerships the consensus is that it doesn't have one fitted.

Carbon_ZX6R

Quote from: SuperMooCow on August 14, 2015, 05:01:08 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone, after calling a couple of dealerships the consensus is that it doesn't have one fitted.

and now you know ;)
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods