Should I shouldn’t I

Started by Manic636, September 20, 2020, 05:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Kawasaki is officially known as the Ninja 1000SX. There is the Ninja 1000SX performance and tourer versions, and the performance tourer version too. Just to confuse folk.
If I was a wood butcher , I would have a Ninja 1000SX performance tourer, in black. 😉😎

Alzo

A wee trundle to KK tomorrow for a butchers.

Poor woodcutter.

Alzo

Had a good look at Ninja 1000SX...loads to like...I think if my Missus came with me on tours or runs it would be ideal...TFT is clear and full of all the information you could ever need.
I'll not be changing as I realise I am not ready to let go of the BMW S1000R...fits me so well...although the new 2021 S1000R may be enough to lure me.

Manic636

The only wish for me on the ninja is not having electronic suspension although it does have a remote adjuster for preload, but.... it looks good in white or graphite and It is a box ticker lol

Alzo

Rode Davy's SX and thought the suspension was plush...ZH2 suspension was sublime too...Kwak seemed to have got that part pretty sorted.

Quote from: Alzo on October 03, 2020, 06:48:56 PMRode Davy's SX and thought the suspension was plush...ZH2 suspension was sublime too...Kwak seemed to have got that part pretty sorted.

Standard suspension is average at best. Not enough rebound damping in the forks. If I keep my SX I will be giving it the Maxton treatment.
Other than that, the SX is a great all rounder.
2021 SX looks sharp. 😎

Alzo

Not many bad bikes out there at all these days...the best one is the one that suits "You"

Green_Ninja

Quote from: Alzo on October 04, 2020, 09:00:10 AMNot many bad bikes out there at all these days...the best one is the one that suits "You"

This is exactly correct

Alzo

Quote from: GRUMPY on October 04, 2020, 08:18:38 AM
Quote from: Alzo on October 03, 2020, 06:48:56 PMRode Davy's SX and thought the suspension was plush...ZH2 suspension was sublime too...Kwak seemed to have got that part pretty sorted.

Standard suspension is average at best. Not enough rebound damping in the forks. IF I keep my SX I will be giving it the Maxton treatment.
Other than that, the SX is a great all rounder.
2021 SX looks sharp. 😎
Tease

Manic636

Test ride done today on the Ninja, very impressive, everything that was good about the old one but with some added refinement and better handling, the brakes are very good. The deciding factor may be how Julie feels on pillion but need to organise a ride for that. Yes I could definitely live with one again, BMW on Wednesday and perhaps Multistrada..

Manic636

BMW R1250RS ridden and have to say what a bike, I really do like it .. a lot but all things being even it is approx £100 per month more expensive on the finance although it is cheaper insurance than the Ninja by about £20 per month ( equivalent) plus with current offer just announced another £15 per month saved, so £65 per month difference gets me better weather protection, higher residual value, more control over the gadgets (dodgy Bluetooth tho lol), keyless operation, electronic suspension...
Alternative is to buy an ex demo or 1 owner BMW with 2 years of warranty, have a realistic difference of £30 per month and I suspect I'd be a very happy bunny....

I know I'm leaning towards the BMW but I know I will love the big Kwak...

Stay tuned as the bank manager has his say......lol

Jarse

If the BMW ticks the boxes and turns your head then go for a new one and pay the money for the pleasure.

What's the point on settling for your second choice unless your finances are that tight?

Alzo

MOzZereLLa

Don't do it too quickly though. This thread is the only thing keeping the forum alive....
Significantly faster than you.....

Manic636

Quote from: MOzZereLLa on October 08, 2020, 02:10:23 PMDon't do it too quickly though. This thread is the only thing keeping the forum alive....

LOL