Datatool S4 help

Started by Maddog, August 01, 2015, 11:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddog

Folks

I know i should rip the fcuking thing out but until i can get it started i cant get it anywhere to do it so will ask the question

Datatool S4 red. Ive not used the Gen 2 for a few months so stuck it on charge. After a charge I tried to use the fob to disable the alarm but its not doing anything. Ive just changed the fob battery and still nothing despite the red light on the fob lighting up when i press the button.

If i turn the ignition on the alarm goes off and the dash lights up but wont start and when i turn the ignition off the alarm changes to a chirp? chirp chirp chirp etc and the only way to stop this is disconnect the battery

Any ideas???? Ive changed both fob batteries and tried it with both fobs

Maddog

Cheers mate but Ive got the manual here but cant seem to trouble shoot the problem ive got unless im missing it?

Carbon_ZX6R

neither of the fobs are working maybe you need to pair them again? I never had any issues with my s4

worst case it may need to go to a fitter
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Alzo

I have only had one bike with this fitted...it was a pain...I got my dealer to leave it in service mode...technically off...perhaps someone could tell you how to achieve Service Status.

Carbon_ZX6R

Quote from: Alzo on August 01, 2015, 06:07:54 PM
I have only had one bike with this fitted...it was a pain...I got my dealer to leave it in service mode...technically off...perhaps someone could tell you how to achieve Service Status.
Gladly but he needs the fob to work
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Alzo

No it was a key type fitting they used....only installers had them..but they accidentally on purpose left it on mine.

Carbon_ZX6R

Quote from: Alzo on August 01, 2015, 07:33:52 PM
No it was a key type fitting they used....only installers had them..but they accidentally on purpose left it on mine.
Ooooooo I swear I could do it with the fob or I may be thinking of the meta
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Manic636

Have you tried the fob whilst ignition is on and alarm going off?

Only other thought from me is the PiN code route

Maddog

Yep ive tried the alarm sounding and the fob but no luck. I cant re program the fob as i cant disable the alarm!!! Ill have to trailer it to DWR racing and get the alarm taken out!

Green_Ninja

This is why I don't like alarms they don't provide enough benefit to out way the cost and inconvenience.

Carbon_ZX6R

There a pain to rip out aswell....
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Tiiimmmaaayyyy

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on August 02, 2015, 09:26:49 AM
There a pain to rip out aswell....

I think there's a reason for that though....

Carbon_ZX6R

2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Maddog

Right....this is sorted!

Despite the optimate saying the bike battery had a full charge.......it didnt as it was fooked......it was only showing 10v after a full charge using the multimeter.

Ive stuck a spare decent battery in and the alarm can be disabled using the fob and fires up. The long chirp chirp chips are the tone for a flat bike battery so if you ever hear it doing that for no reason its time to charge/change the battery

MD