Went to Brands BSB yesterday

Started by mc101, July 22, 2013, 06:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc101

Hudson won a mega STK1000 race result  :grin:

That is however not the reason for my post ... I travelled from the A12 (just outside Colchester) to Brands via the M25.  I can genuinely say I've never witnessed such selfish, self possessed, irresponsible riding in my entire life by not one or two riders but by literally dozens and dozens.

I watched riders force their way to the front of queues, often sitting at 45 degrees across the front corner of cars at junctions, watching riders squeeze down the middle of lanes between artics etc on the A12 at 70+, watch one father (and I think Son (circa 12-13 yrs old) nearly end up under a container lorry on the M25 slip road when they approached it at 80+ when from 1/2 a mile back you could see it was barely doing 30  up the hill and best of all Mr dickhead (GSXR 600)who rode into the concrete bollard and fell of at walking pace at the Dartford crossing trying to intimidate a white van driver into letting him in front (sorry but what were you thinking you imbecile). What the hell has happened to observation and judgement in the last 15 years or am I getting old.

Discuss.....
2015: NLR HT1 Endurance (1st)
2014: ACU National Endurance 1000 (2nd)

captain sensible

Your not old you just don't ride like a tw*t, sad truth is that most of the people who rode there thought that sort of riding is cool and acceptable behaviour as 'those cagers never look anyway'

Now with 100% more sarcasm.

Stuno1

Not been on a ride with multiple bikes for a while so can't comment. When I go out with my mate don't tend to see this sort of stuff happening.

I can understand filtering (safely) to pass stationary or slow moving traffic but that's it. I don't cross lanes and block cars and don't do it at silly speeds. Not ideal really as explains makes bikers look like tools.
[/

Tuck

Yep ive seen some cocks on the road who are an embarrassment to the rest of us. Too many people get on two wheels, get high and mighty about car drivers, trucks etc but should take a look at their own riding. A lot of people think because they can just about manage a big bike that they are now some sort of riding god.

As for Hudson, fooking awesome,  I'm really enjoying have him back at the sharp end. Take a lot to get me shouting out at the telly but its exciting stuff.

Chrispy

I too was at Brands for the weekend.  Hudson was awesome, couldn't happen to nicer fella. All the racing was tremendous. I also saw some knobish riding and an equal amount of knobish driving. Why do they do it?

captain sensible

Generally speaking its the idiosyncratic nature of those groups of riders that start and then encourage that sort of riding where as if you took one rider out of that group and put him with either Road racers or people like the blood runners they are likely to listen and learn from either group after they have realised they are out off there depth, but return to tell stories of how they are now equal,  if not better than these groups.

That said if you are stupid enough to think that making these moves is acceptable,  it might also be called natural selection.
Now with 100% more sarcasm.