Main Menu

2020 steed

Started by MOzZereLLa, March 10, 2020, 11:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alzo

Package it and send it North...we'll put mileage on it...you can take the credit.  ;)

terry950sm

Enjoy. Looks stunning in the pictures.
Holding out for the 890 sm
Growing old gracefully

MOzZereLLa

Might now be a 2020 Superduke R instead..

Have two options on the table. The 890R involves trading the Superduke.

The 2020 Superduke involves trading the older Superduke and the 675.

Decisions decisions.
Significantly faster than you.....

Andy M

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on May 14, 2020, 02:34:38 PMMight now be a 2020 Superduke R instead..

Have two options on the table. The 890R involves trading the Superduke.

The 2020 Superduke involves trading the older Superduke and the 675.

Decisions decisions.

I'd go 890 only or keep 675 and get 890

MOzZereLLa

890 and the 675 are too similar.

Current thoughts are 890R with both 675 and 1290 traded but full Akky system included in the deal.

Depends how harsh the insurance quote is with it.

MOzZereLLa

Settled on an 890R.

Doubt I'll go full Akky. Lockdown has shown me I don't hugely miss riding therefore there's not much point in spending out loads.

The chance to trade two old bikes for a limited numbers brand new one and get cash back in hand is too good to turn down.

I'll get a slip-on exhaust and tail tidy and be done with it.

Good choice. Looks a hoot. Just checked the price of the full Akky.  :shocked:  :shocked:

MOzZereLLa

I've also just sold the 675 to a bloke from Glasgow. Deposit paid and he's picking up tomorrow. That's made the possible deal a bit better.

Andy M

Is the new bike here yet?

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Andy M on June 11, 2020, 10:36:35 AMIs the new bike here yet?

Nope.

Welsh dealerships are still banned from opening although I've heard the 890Rs are in the UK now.

I'm having second thoughts again though. I've read some horrendous stories about the engine reliability and issues with the brakes.

Sadly - I can't get a decent trade in against anything other than a new KTM.

Andy M

Keep the 790 then? And some £ in your account. It's plenty for the occasional hoon

MOzZereLLa

I don't have a 790 - I have a Gen 2 Superduke R.

My trade-in offer for that is pretty good and it'll drop like a stone come the end of the season when the unsold Gen 3 bikes crash in value.

Decided it's got to go.

Andy M

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on June 13, 2020, 07:01:16 AMI don't have a 790 - I have a Gen 2 Superduke R.

My trade-in offer for that is pretty good and it'll drop like a stone come the end of the season when the unsold Gen 3 bikes crash in value.

Decided it's got to go.

Sorry confused myself there. Remember you having the 790 and I think 690 before that. 890 will be another step but is it something you are going to get bored with quite quickly?

Is it Colwyn bay ktm you are dealing with? On finance at the moment?

Being devils advocate is there an option to go to a different ktm dealer, one with a used rc8r in stock? Sorry - sportsbike fan here. I know you've had one but isn't it powerful enough for fun but comfy enough for touring too? As great as the 790/890 are they are very focused

MOzZereLLa

It's funny you mention that. CB have just taken a fairly low mileage RC8R in part-ex that's very tempting. Sadly it's still £10k and for just a few hundred quid more a brand new 890 (with warranty) seem better.

I'd really like a new 765RS but because my KTM & Triumph dealers are really close to each other dealing with other brands is really difficult.

No need to be confused. I buy too many bikes 😂

Andy M

Yeah unless they are around £7k it's too much, figured they might have fallen to £7/8k.

I have a good relationship with woods Abergele and bill smith triumph cheater having been a serial bike changer like you over the years. Let me know if they have anything in you like and I'll try and link you up.

I have been watching for a cheap street triple myself but will be in the 675 end of things, I had a 2013 Daytona r which was great.

Nice pre reg 765 just popped up on autotrader this morning at pidcock triumph £8300. It's an R. No idea what the RS is like these days, R used to have Ohlins but maybe that's the cheap one these days