When was the last time you rode a motorbike?

Started by 7550, October 13, 2020, 10:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarse

Quote from: chuggy on October 24, 2020, 07:00:01 PMtoday... just around the town to try out the grips

Did you get to grips with them ?

Alzo

Jarse

Raydial

Sunday. Went out for about 120 miles on the R1 with a mate on his ZX-12R. Was good to be out although I needed my heated kit on the way home.

And went out on Saturday on my own for a similar distance.  :moto:

komp

yesterday!!
i finally got the speed triple back with a new gearbox
was very happy to have my stress relief back

KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

This afternoon.  Z1000SX. 110 ish miles around Fife. A couple of degrees colder than when i set off. Thick mist in places was not on the forecast. Roads were a mixture of wet and dry. Tyres worn and squared off made it interesting at times. New PR5s in garage waiting to go on. A visit to Kirkcaldy Kawasaki confirmed I won't be purchasing a bike from them. Sales prevention at their finest.

Green_Ninja

TODAY  100 miles around High Peak, Ashbourne, Buxton area

Dom1

Quote from: GRUMPY on November 07, 2020, 11:18:48 PMThis afternoon.  Z1000SX. 110 ish miles around Fife. A couple of degrees colder than when i set off. Thick mist in places was not on the forecast. Roads were a mixture of wet and dry. Tyres worn and squared off made it interesting at times. New PR5s in garage waiting to go on. A visit to Kirkcaldy Kawasaki confirmed I won't be purchasing a bike from them. Sales prevention at their finest.

Felt a bit like that when I test rode the T700 from Crescent. Hung around for a bit after but none of the sales people wanted to talk to a scruffy bloke with a DR350.

Their mistake.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Thegodfather

October the 2nd. Had amazing three days at Jerez. There were only about 45 riders so two groups 30min sessions. Know idea when the next time will be  :cry:

Jarse

Quote from: Dom1 on November 09, 2020, 12:47:51 PM
Quote from: GRUMPY on November 07, 2020, 11:18:48 PMThis afternoon.  Z1000SX. 110 ish miles around Fife. A couple of degrees colder than when i set off. Thick mist in places was not on the forecast. Roads were a mixture of wet and dry. Tyres worn and squared off made it interesting at times. New PR5s in garage waiting to go on. A visit to Kirkcaldy Kawasaki confirmed I won't be purchasing a bike from them. Sales prevention at their finest.

Felt a bit like that when I test rode the T700 from Crescent. Hung around for a bit after but none of the sales people wanted to talk to a scruffy bloke with a DR350.

Their mistake.

It's shocking. Diane and I went round three bike showrooms in Edinburgh in August and not one salesman took us on. Was the same when we went to look at the RE Himalayan in Coventry.

Manic636

Today but not a big ride as I was only taking the GSXS for a service, whilst it was very damp and the leaves on the road don't improve my desire to have a go I have to say I love the bike every time I ride it..

Green_Ninja

Today, popped over to Southport to deliver something to a friend. Pissed it down on the way back.

DaveH

In to work on the Zed Thou...50+mph winds meant the forth road bridge was shut and the wee ybr would've been a liability on the motorway in those conditions. Plus it's nice to be on a bike that does the commute so effortlessly  :afro: and I can judge the mirrors better for filtering compared to the SX.  :shocked:

Maybe I should just keep the Zed...or change that and the ybr into an er6 or old 6r...

Quote from: DaveH on November 17, 2020, 07:44:37 AMIn to work on the Zed Thou...50+mph winds meant the fourth road bridge was shut and the wee ybr would've been a liability on the motorway in those conditions. Plus it's nice to be on a bike that does the commute so effortlessly  :afro: and I can judge the mirrors better for filtering compared to the SX.  :shocked:

Maybe I should just keep the Zed...or change that and the ybr into an er6 or old 6r...

When did they build another 2 road bridges ? 😉