Main Menu

Pilot Road 5s

Started by Alzo, July 08, 2019, 09:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alzo

Fitted today...spirited ride tonight and I am very very impressed...loads of grip...transition from one side to another is fluid. I bought specifically for Euro trip to cover miles with ease...I was slightly nervous getting these...but fears are gone.

Alzo

I will update once I have ridden in the wet...I know you masses will be eagerly awaiting this information.

Tiiimmmaaayyyy

Quote from: Alzo on July 09, 2019, 07:07:51 AM
I will update once I have ridden in the wet...I know you masses will be eagerly awaiting this information.

Have you ridden in the wet yet?

I'm really impressed by Bridgestone S21s. I'm on my 2nd or 3rd set and can't see me changing (apart from to S22s)

Alzo

Quote from: Tiiimmmaaayyyy on July 09, 2019, 08:04:09 AM
Quote from: Alzo on July 09, 2019, 07:07:51 AM

Have you ridden in the wet yet?

I'm really impressed by Bridgestone S21s. I'm on my 2nd or 3rd set and can't see me changing (apart from to S22s)
I was happy with Bridgestones...but rear done in 2k miles...3.5k miles estimated in Euro trip...wanted a tyre to last the entire journey.
Not ridden in the wet yet...well I have...but not recently...but let the anticipation build...35 degree Lean angle is the safe limit...I'm going for 36 degrees in the interest of this site.

David W

Are these the ones with a tread pattern that looks like it should be on a Adventure bike?
Reckon I'll be going for Bridgestone S22 next.  Not heard a bad thing about them.

MOzZereLLa

S22's - what "type" of tyre are they?

Fast road? Sports Touring? Trackday? Longevity hard? Ages to warm up?
Significantly faster than you.....

Alzo

Quote from: David W on July 09, 2019, 08:54:28 AM
Are these the ones with a tread pattern that looks like it should be on a Adventure bike?
Reckon I'll be going for Bridgestone S22 next.  Not heard a bad thing about them.
Yes and no...PR4s look like that...PR5s less so due to outer edges being a softer compound with no tread.
Choice is about mileage and combined ability...just giving an opinion on this tyre...not suggesting it's better or worse than others.
I would have continued with Bridgestones had they been able to cover 5k on a rear...2.5k is the best I've managed...1.8k the worst so far.

MOzZereLLa

I'll try PR5s in the SDR next. Close to needing a new rear after just 1200 miles  :evil:
Significantly faster than you.....

Alzo

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on July 09, 2019, 11:33:06 AM
I'll try PR5s in the SDR next. Close to needing a new rear after just 1200 miles  :evil:
You won't be disappointed.

David W

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on July 09, 2019, 11:20:37 AM
S22's - what "type" of tyre are they?

Fast road? Sports Touring? Trackday? Longevity hard? Ages to warm up?

Fast road and good enough for the odd trackday is how they were described to me.

PJ

Had PR4's on my bus and now PR5's and feedback is the same as Alzo roughly speaking. Wet grip is perfect. I got 5000 out of the rear and even though it was because it squared off so happy with the wear.