Advice on a couple of bike (cycles) I'm looking at:

Started by Lord Danoir the first, January 04, 2016, 10:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilby104

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on January 04, 2016, 02:49:19 PM
There's knee problems and then there's knee problems...... try full acl, pcl and lateral reconstruction....... in both knees....... 20 years ago

then add in a reconstruction to one of the already reconstructed ACL's and a few cartillage op's in the meantime and you're nearly there.

then add 5 stone to your fighting weight, and you arrive at fat, knackered old me.

I like the look of that bike, but it needs high bars due to the aforementioned fat belly issues.

yeah, mine just hurt a bit when I run or it's cold!!

Sorry, I wasn't ignoring the comment about the drop bars but just suggesting that they are not all the same - the one my mate got doesn't crunch you up the same so doesn't come with the same breathing (and perhaps belly probs) as a proper roady..... just thought it might be worth a try before you settled on a style.

Lord Danoir the first

The main obstacle is finding something which engages me.

I'm old and wise enough now to realise that if I don't enjoy it, I won't drag myself out on it, so I'm toe dipping.

If all goes well, I'll get some expert advice and maybe get something custom made for me.

Green_Ninja

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on January 04, 2016, 02:54:08 PM
This is the kind of thing I'll look at if it all works out:

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bikes/model/toughroad.slr.2/25002/90531/

but for now...... cheap, decent brand, retro cool

fanks

that is exactly the type of bike I was thinking of Dan  :azn:

Lord Danoir the first

Alzo

MOzZereLLa

19" is as big as you want to go.

Try a 17" or 18" first if you can.

20" will be too big for you.
Significantly faster than you.....

David W

There's loads of good bike shops in your neck of the woods Danno.  With your knee history it might be a good idea to get someone to sort out the seat height, for/aft adjustment, etc.

Andy M

Dan

I have a 2012 Kona L'anai Delux 19inch that is sat in my house doing nothing and has been ridden approximately 2 miles!

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/kona/lanai-deluxe-2011-mountain-bike-ec026529#features

image hosting free

If its something of interest  let me know and I will have a think on price

Lord Danoir the first

Yep, deffo of interest.

In the interest of fair play, I intend to appoint M6rk as my official haggler...... so you may wish to take that in to consideration.

Andy M

in that case, its of complete use to me and is no longer for sale!

Millhouse

Life is a contact sport,  you'll be needing rule #5