ZX9R shock in my Z750

Started by Neio79, August 07, 2018, 03:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neio79

So, as it turns out at some point someone has taken the stock shock out of my Z750 and swapped it with from what I can tell is a ZX9R shock. After googling the images etc it appears to be of the 1998/99 era shock . Looks identical on eBay and a bit of googling.

Noticed as I was in Fowler's in Bristol and noticed the same model as mine had a very different shock in 😂.

Now the bike handles well after I've sorted the front. This explains why I've not noticed the so called budget  handling on the rear that the Zed is noted for.

Not sure how I feel about it or if it's a good/bad thing 🤨

Lord Danoir the first

Bike apparently renowned for 'budget' handling?

Bike seemingly has a rear shock from another model

Bike handles well

Seems the only down side is lack of originality, and I'm not sure that would matter on a Z750?

I wouldn't second guess yourself, you're happy with the bike, no need for any further analysis.

Kitb4460

It handles well.

Winner winner , chicken dinner
Retired Rozzer and loving it.

Carbon_ZX6R

strong change it is fitted with an uprated shock
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Neio79

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on August 07, 2018, 04:34:22 PM
Bike apparently renowned for 'budget' handling?

Bike seemingly has a rear shock from another model

Bike handles well

Seems the only down side is lack of originality, and I'm not sure that would matter on a Z750?

I wouldn't second guess yourself, you're happy with the bike, no need for any further analysis.

True, added bonus is its saved me the cost of changing the shock myself at a lot more cost.

Raydial

On twisty, bumpy roads on my z750, I used to just raise my arse an inch or two off the seat if it got a bit unsettled. Cheapest solution of the lot!  :rofl: