Power commander and quick shifter

Started by Lord Danoir the first, May 08, 2019, 12:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Danoir the first

So my RC8 doesn't have a quick shifter, which it needs....... but it does have a PCIII.

I want a quick shifter on my RC8 and I need you lovely fucking fuckers to give me the down low on what I do, because reading the internet is boring.

so.....

erm.........

GO!!!!

Carbon_ZX6R

Ffs I've literally just sold a quickshifter for a PC3 I would have given it to you for the price of postage
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on May 08, 2019, 12:58:53 PM
Ffs I've literally just sold a quickshifter for a PC3 I would have given it to you for the price of postage

It's the thought that counts..... but aren't they wiring loom specific?

MOzZereLLa

I had an HM Shifter on the RC8R. They do two types. One a spark cut wired into the plugs and one is a PC specific shifter. I had the spark cut one.

They are easily the best option. I wouldn't bother with the PC one - it's not as good by a distance.
Significantly faster than you.....

Carbon_ZX6R

Mine was an HM racing one but connected to the pc3 making it universal
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

MOzZereLLa

I meant the dynojet made QS - not the HM one that plugs into a Power Commander. The spark cut one is still much better.

David W

I had a Power Commander HM on my SP2 until I broke the QS through hamfisted twattishness.  I've since found out that SP2 gearboxes are known for self-destructing with a QS so might have been a blessing in disguise.  It worked great though before that.
I don't think you can go wrong with either type assuming the gearbox is up to it.  My MT10 has one as standard and it's great even if the horizon does leap towards you a bit quick when using it...

1-600-matt

I have not had one on a bike of mine yet. But just got a HM plus. It was easy to fit and setup of the unit is easy to do. Not used in anger yet, but it's got a dyno run next week so will see then how it works out.

m6rk

HM PLUS is far better than the PCIII integrated version on my r1...

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on May 08, 2019, 02:27:35 PM
I had an HM Shifter on the RC8R. They do two types. One a spark cut wired into the plugs and one is a PC specific shifter. I had the spark cut one.

They are easily the best option. I wouldn't bother with the PC one - it's not as good by a distance.

I've been in touch with HM and they're recommending the PC one as it connects directly in to the PCIII.

Can I keep the PCIII and still use a HM PLUS?

MOzZereLLa

mc101

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on May 17, 2019, 08:52:10 AM
Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on May 08, 2019, 02:27:35 PM

I've been in touch with HM and they're recommending the PC one as it connects directly in to the PCIII.

Can I keep the PCIII and still use a HM PLUS?

Yes
2015: NLR HT1 Endurance (1st)
2014: ACU National Endurance 1000 (2nd)

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on May 17, 2019, 10:41:45 AM
I think so.

Contacted HM....... they said "if Moz said so, then yes"

Ordered the Plus SS, can't wait to try it out

MOzZereLLa

What about what MC said - he's far more importanter....

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on May 17, 2019, 12:18:16 PM
What about what MC said - he's far more importanter....

Do I have a picture of him up on my wall?..............