Anyone in the company mobile phone game?

Started by Nat, May 01, 2015, 11:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nat

Looking to switch our company mobiles over the next few months from the dreaded BT to anyone who is even a tiny bit more competent.

Just wondered if anyone on the site does that sort of thing - would rather give the business to a real person (and someone I could get hold of if there's a problem...)!

If not, who are your company mobiles with and are they any good?
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General Keller

komp

we use a company called G-force
i would not recommend
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

David W

How many phones?
Have you thought of just paying people an allowance to use their own?  These days most people can't be arsed having a private phone and a company phone, especially with some of the deals out there for bottomless minutes and texts, etc.  Even company email is easy to setup if that's a consideration.

Nat

Thanks Komp - seems like no one does a good job any more!

Just 6 at the moment David.  TBH I can't be dealing with the benefits/accounts side of doing it that way round...

Lord Danoir the first

Anna's company have about 30 phones for engineers and they feel they got the best deal going direct.... O2 in their case.

Jarse

Are the 6 already claiming expenses?  If so why not just get them to add the cost to there monthly?

PJ

Proper minefield this area, Steff sells BT Business stuff including mobiles and always makes sure she gets a good deal for people, she has one herself and no issues at all.

Whatever you do I would be hesitant to go through a 3rd party, I had a work phone that was on O2 but we paid another company to manage it all, they were an utter shambles and O2 wouldn't talk to us direct until we had spoken with the 3rd party.

Nat

Tell me Steff doesn't work for BT?!

How does claiming back on expenses work?  And how would this work out for the P11D declarations in April?  Also issues with people losing phones, changing numbers and misuse etc I guess...

PJ

David W

Quote from: Nat on May 01, 2015, 04:04:01 PM
Tell me Steff doesn't work for BT?!

How does claiming back on expenses work?  And how would this work out for the P11D declarations in April?  Also issues with people losing phones, changing numbers and misuse etc I guess...

I'm not sure how a P11D might work.  You don't get faxed for having a company mobile anymore so not sure it would be an issue?  I'm sure HMRC has guidance, but I'd guess you just agree to pay x% of the bill and set some guidelines about acceptable limits.  For only six phones a reseller or service provider isn't going to give you any kind of service and it's probably more a pain in the arse to manage for you and the company when some dufus loses his phone.