Race Suspension Service

Started by 0luke0, October 21, 2014, 06:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0luke0

looking at racing next year so want to get the forks and shock serviced on my 675 before the season starts.  I have a TTX rear and 30mm Ohlins kit in the forks.

Who do you recommend? HM Racing? 100%? MCT?  I think I need a lighter spring and/or revalving on the rear as I'm chewing up tyres.

All advice appreciated!

Cheers

Millhouse

1-600-Matt on here did a course for bouncies last year, set up my tona at donny in 10 mins flat. Worth asking him where he did it, iirc it included servicing a shock...
Life is a contact sport,  you'll be needing rule #5

Carbon_ZX6R

hm racing will more than sort you out great guys good prices
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

636steve

Just had the 750 suspension overhauled by 100% suspension.

Had the front forks re-valved and sprung with ktech bits for my weight and also had the Ohlins rear shock overhauled.

Had it set up by 'tyres 4 bikes' at brands hatch track day last Tuesday and he commented what a good job they had done to the front forks.

They even took them to Assen bsb meet and did them there and sent them back on the ktech truck so I would get them back a day earlier.

Cant  fault them at all.

ash

Quote from: 636steve on October 21, 2014, 08:06:47 PM
Just had the 750 suspension overhauled by 100% suspension.

Had the front forks re-valved and sprung with ktech bits for my weight and also had the Ohlins rear shock overhauled.

Had it set up by 'tyres 4 bikes' at brands hatch track day last Tuesday and he commented what a good job they had done to the front forks.

They even took them to Assen bsb meet and did them there and sent them back on the ktech truck so I would get them back a day earlier.

Cant  fault them at all.

How much ?

636steve

For the front upgrade and the ohlins overhaul, it was just over £500. This was also amongst the cheapest of the quotes I received.

ash

The Ktech kit is £200 on its own so I guess that is a fair price. The co which reworked the mid valves on mine showed me both what ktech offer and what Kayaba put in to my B1 forks. The piston itself is very similar in shape, but what Ktech have done is offer a reworked mid valve with a pre assembled shim stack instead of the single washer which the OEM Kayaba assembly has. Ktech enable anyone with the right spanners and spring compressors to swap the OEM kit out for theirs, but there is a price attached for the convenience. It worked out to about £80 for Darren at Tillit to replicate the Ktech kit with the original Kayaba mid valve, but then I was paying for probably about £5 worth of shims and a few hours of his time. It was money very well spent and I'm pleased I've got it in my doorstep.

636steve

What amazed me was Colin @ 100% set the front and rear up almost perfectly before he sent them back.
They were only changed by 1 or 2 clicks to tune it to me.

ash

Quote from: 636steve on October 21, 2014, 10:12:35 PM
What amazed me was Colin @ 100% set the front and rear up almost perfectly before he sent them back.
They were only changed by 1 or 2 clicks to tune it to me.

That I would guess be the knowledge of years of fitting them in his head ;)

MOzZereLLa

Do you guys lauding HM Racing mean MH Racing?

Mark Hammond is a genius and ex Ohlins technician I think that still does work for them from time to time.

He'd be my recommendation.

http://www.mhracing.com

Significantly faster than you.....

Carbon_ZX6R

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on October 22, 2014, 12:20:54 PM
Do you guys lauding HM Racing mean MH Racing?

Mark Hammond is a genius and ex Ohlins technician I think that still does work for them from time to time.

He'd be my recommendation.

http://www.mhracing.com
no

http://www.hmracing.co.uk/
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

komp

KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

MOzZereLLa

Ahh I see. So one sets up trackbikes and the other is a ex-Factory Ohlins technician who still does work for them in MotoGP and World Motocross from time to time.

I know who I'd use ;)

Significantly faster than you.....

0luke0

Hadn't heard oh mh racing, cheers moz

0luke0

Spoke to Mark of MH Racing today, going to drop them down to him Monday.

Cheers for the help