advise needed on giving my address as bail for a friend's cousin

Started by villieb, April 24, 2014, 07:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninjagirl

It's one thing helping a mate out, it's another having the police turn up looking for someone you don't know when he doesn't check in and they're at your front door asking you questions you have no answer to. Plus i'm assuming it's meant to be be the address he'll be living at while on bail, and i'm presuming he won't be which is an instant breach of his bail conditions.

Why isn't your friend using his own address if it's his cousin?

0luke0

Bunny

villieb

Thanks for the advice guys.

I didnt realise that this would get this much feedback.

I ended up not giving my address because I wasnt comfortable about it and not sure of any future implications.

Again... thanks for the input and thoughts!

Maddog

Well done mate. Dont feel too bad....you made the right choice

Gilby104

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on April 24, 2014, 08:13:06 PM
Do a bloke a solid turn and face the prospect of a little bit of inconvenience if things turn sour?

never pass up an opportunity to do something nice for someone...... especially if it requires no more effort than to utter the word "yes".

Danoir I am normally completely on your wavelength with this sort of thing and I'm all for seeing the good in people and helping out. In this case though you know you're signing up to something that isn't technically true.... I actually don't have too much of a problem with this - down with the system and all that!

The problem I forsee, and the reason I'd have stayed away from it is that when the police come rapping on the door and ask if he is living there or not you'll be expected (or could be expected) to go along with the story. Then you are faced with perverting the course of justice if you go along with the lie or dropping your new mate in it if you don't.

You've then lead yourself willingly into making a new enemy.... one is the state and the other is an accused miscreant.... I'd wager neither side will be willing to give you the benefit of the doubt for originally trying to be a solid thoroughly bloody nice bloke.

Codes

Your bail address is where your supposed to be living, been on bail lot in the past (nothing to be proud of)

Lord Danoir the first

I should have added the caveat "ignore my advice". Still think the whole thing would have ended in a group hug and MASSIVE high 5 had my recommendation been followed......... But we'll never know now because of you cynical old bastids

Gilby104

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on April 28, 2014, 08:00:06 PM

I should have added the caveat "ignore my advice". Still think the whole thing would have ended in a group hug and MASSIVE high 5 had my recommendation been followed......... But we'll never know now because of you cynical old bastids

:rofl: