Wall mounting leathers

Started by Lord Danoir the first, November 26, 2013, 09:26:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: Jarse on November 26, 2013, 04:54:21 PM
Just like the joiners gate, clean lines and design but the socket is hanging off the backplate :-)

Snagging Dan!

HA!!.... couple of months down the line and I'm ashamed to admit that it still is.

It's on the list.

clipper

given the rigidity of race leathers I would suggest a flat plate screwed to the wall with two small poles sticking out, one to go under each arm pit, they shouldn't move or fall off

plate thing could be wood or nicely shaped aluminium done in CNC

but that's just the home engineer in me thinking this

Steve R1

Thought I saw an alpinestars nostrum suit lurking at the back.... Confirmed by the pics ..... I had a set if those years back but gave them away earlier in the year. At the end of the day it comes down to to you want to damage them I.e. Putting screws or nails through them, some form of rail either suspended from the ceiling or wall could be used to hang them on hangers, that way you could turn them round, change the order of them just to make it look different. You could screw hooks into the ceiling joist, that would do the same, but the thing is they would not be damaged

Better than my old leathers being stuffed in the loft, apart from the nostrum ones now.

PJ

Metal flat "hangers" screwed to the wall with big magnets on the inside to hold the leathers in place.

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: PJ on November 27, 2013, 09:47:17 AM
Metal flat "hangers" screwed to the wall with big magnets on the inside to hold the leathers in place.

we have a winner.......

Lord Danoir the first

I sensed a few of you thinking "I wonder how Dan got on mounting his leathers?"

Well...... ponder no more mon amis

thought "fuck it"..... cheapo hooks for the win:

Gilby104

If chicks were allowed in the man cave that set up would get you so much ass.... You've literally got all bases covered!

MOzZereLLa

Your picture framer is fucking useless.....
Significantly faster than you.....

ash

There was me convinced you were going to velcro the suits to the ceiling as well :(

I killed a camcorder just like that a couple of years ago. The tape mechs are fairly sensitive affairs.

Jarse

Quote from: Gilby104 on March 27, 2014, 06:28:09 PM
If chicks were allowed in the man cave that set up would get you so much ass.... You've literally got all bases covered!

Nope, deffo six strings on that one.

Dan, you are sexy.

ash

Quote from: Jarse on March 27, 2014, 07:31:34 PM

Dan, you are sexy.

Very droll  :rofl:

Gilby104

Quote from: Jarse on March 27, 2014, 07:31:34 PM

Dan, you are sexy.

i tried to check on my phone.... but thought "Fuck it, nobody will check"

touche sir.... touche!

Jarse

Nat

Those leathers on the right are all sorts of sexy!
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General Keller