Quickshifter/power commander

Started by Maddog, September 03, 2013, 05:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddog

Next year i plan to do loads of TDs.....despite the recent off. Would i need to fit a power commander and quickshifter to get a bit more out of the day/the bike? Do they make a huge difference?

Gobert

As far as QS's go, I've had 2 of the better ones and I'd say there are better things to spend your money on and I do quite a few days each year. Suspension, brakes, training and actual track time are all better places for your money imho.

Fitting a PC c/w custom map usually improves any bike.

Maddog

Cheers mate. a P/C is on the list then. Are they interchangeable or is it one P/C for one bike?

The model for a ZX10 2004 is 212-411......and the one for a ZX6 04 is 213-411...i take it they cant be used on the opposite bikes?

1-600-matt

The unit itself is the same, just the cabling and connections that change... And the maps of course. Unfortunately they won't sell you the connections to make the changes yourself. So you gotta change the whole unit.

Maddog

Cheers mate.....so am i right in saying a power commander with the correct connectors will work on it regardless of what bike its for?

1-600-matt

Quote from: Maddog on September 09, 2013, 10:37:44 PM
Cheers mate.....so am i right in saying a power commander with the correct connectors will work on it regardless of what bike its for?

That is my understanding of it. But getting connectors probably won't be easy!!

Maddog

Got this reply from another forum.....sounds like a good idea!

"As mentioned the difference is the wiring connectors to suit each bike.  You could always buy and PC3 and remove all connectors and replace them with suitable ones both on the PC3 and on the bike, sounds like a lot of work but not really and about £20 for enough waterproof connectors and you have a working PC3.  Did this for years on cars, if you're good with wiring and a soldering you can save a small fortune"

big gav

If you can find out if the PC3 from a 2006 zx10r is the same as what you need  i have a boxed never used one for sale.

Maddog

Gav i will find out for sure. How much did you have in mind?

Steve R1

I have a Pcv, custom map and quick shifter on the r1, the quick shifter if fun but honestly I'm not fast enough to see what difference it makes. The Pcv and map were a worthwhile investment though. Got them on the r6 as well but never bothered to fit a quick shifter to that

David W

I loved the QS on my SP2.  No idea if it made me any faster but it did feel like it, as upchanges were so fast and smooth.  Might be something more noticeable on a twin?  Sounded great too, if you're bothered about that kind of thing.  Then I broke it!